'Look at teams like Chelsea, all their youngsters are out on loan': Oliver Burke explains his decision to turn down the riches of the Premier League for a new life in Germany
Imposing even when sitting down and bold of thought despite his tender years, Oliver Burke is clearly a special case among Britain's burgeoning football talents.
Having caused a stir this summer by leaving Nottingham Forest to sign for RB Leipzig in a £13million deal, the 19-year-old is explaining with refreshing candour why he spurned Premier League propositions to relocate to a place he admits his friends back home struggled to identify.
It was an unusual choice for one so young but much about Burke is different, from his honest take on rejecting England's advances to stick with Scotland... read more
- 06:12 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:10 World War One Veterans' Association founder dies aged 91
- 06:10 Windrush citizens trapped in Jamaica criticise British officials
- 06:10 Windrush scandal: 'You don't need that passport, they said'
- 06:08 Unai Emery will NEVER win Arsenal the Premier League claims former...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Liverpool's road to Kiev - who did they...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Salah given Ronaldo and Messi challenge by...
- 06:04 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 06:03 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 05:58 Indigenous children's removal on the rise 21 years after Bringing...
- 05:57 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Who calls shots at Arsenal? Chelsea star should...
- 05:57 World Cup 2018: England ace Fabian Delph clear to leave for birth...
- 05:56 ‘It’s worse than murder’: how rural America became a hospital desert
- 05:56 Close result expected in Ireland's abortion referendum
- 05:54 Westfield sold: Frank Lowy agrees to $33bn takeover deal
- 05:54 Woman awarded $151,000 after slipping on grape at Woolworths loses...
- 05:42 Wider lanes open on M60 ahead of bank holiday
- 05:40 Paris in flames as communards vanquished - archive 1871
- 05:24 Apple awarded $539m in US patent case against Samsung
- 05:23 European stage for Farne Salmon
- 05:20 Northamptonshire village's community spirit helps raise £10,000 in...
- 05:19 Police mugshot deletion scheme criticised for lack of transparency
- 05:12 ‘It’s worse than murder’: how rural America became a hospital desert
- 05:12 Close result expected in Ireland's abortion referendum
- 04:56 GDPR: EU data protection regulation comes into force
- 04:37 Champions League: Liverpool fans' Kiev flights cancelled
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...