Lone children with UK ties 'should be taken out of Jungle camp before it shuts'
Unaccompanied children with family in the UK should be removed from the Jungle migrant camp in Calais before it is closed, a group of Tory MPs have demanded.
Former Cabinet minister Nicky Morgan is among those urging Home Secretary Amber Rudd to do more to save children from people smugglers and exploitation.
In a joint letter organised by Unicef and published in the Daily Telegraph, the MPs state: " We must ensure that it is the authorities and the law that help these children, and not the criminals who would put them in the back of trucks or leave them to take their own chances.... read more
- 10:12 British defence stocks SOAR as Donald Trump plans $54billion...
- 10:12 Real Madrid star decides to come to London: He wants to join...
- 10:12 ‘I want my story to be of help to others’
- 10:12 Tributes paid following death of county councillor
- 10:12 Residents urged to join in with Great British Spring Clean
- 10:12 PEAK RESORT: Building work starts on £400million attraction
- 10:12 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta urges Luis Enrique to stay at...
- 10:10 Warwick man who was saved by donor set to compete in World...
- 10:09 France - Reasons to be bullish despite election stress
- 10:09 'Harder, faster, louder': how drone-pilot drama Grounded shook the...
- 10:09 VIDEO: "I don't regret it:" Local professional boxer who served 21...
- 10:09 Hartlepool boy remains in a critical condition today
- 10:09 Traffic lights causing chaos in Bramley Vale
- 10:09 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:09 New club is launched to help those with dementia
- 10:09 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter
- 10:09 Kedleston Road bus crash outside University of Derby - ambulance...
- 10:08 Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Chelsea to continue education under...
- 10:08 Lancashire women to make history
- 10:08 For the love of God stop celebrating Pancake Day with the...
- 10:08 Barcelona ace opens up on managerial uncertainty: This is what the...
- 10:08 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:08 Mardi Gras day 2017: What is Mardi Gras and how is it celebrated?
- 10:08 Firefighters called to arson attack in Sheffield playground
- 10:07 Half-term success for Leamington players across the Midlands area
- 10:07 Southam United boss issues apology after Stafford thrashing
- 10:07 White kids in deprived areas ‘up to 75 times more likely’ to be in...
- 10:07 WIN! Cirque du Soleil tickets
- 10:07 Two-wheeled heroes call for volunteers
- 10:07 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield