London will still be world's leading financial centre, Chancellor tells Wall St
London will keep its position as the world's leading financial centre after Brexit, Chancellor Philip Hammond is telling Wall St power-brokers during his first US trip since taking over at the Treasury.
Mr Hammond is seeking to allay fears over the impact of the referendum decision to exit the EU by addressing financial bosses in New York on Thursday, ahead of a meeting of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington DC.
Mr Hammond is insisting he wants a Brexit deal with Brussels which will ensure good access to European markets for UK-based financial services.
The Chancellor is... read more
- 00:06 REVEALED: These are the 10 CHEAPEST European city breaks for UK...
- 00:06 Will Brexit hinder Yorkshire’s efforts to tackle human trafficking?
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...
- 23:59 Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson is set for big move following his...
- 23:59 Ron Saunders the lost master: He won Aston Villa the title in 1981...
- 23:59 Manchester City break three anti-doping rules in the five months...
- 23:59 Michael O'Neill hoping for his Premier League chance after...
- 23:56 Harry Styles solo debut single: First review LEAKED - plus the...