London councils raise millions through box junctions fines
London councils are being accused of making millions of pounds from drivers who infringe yellow box junction rules because of poor traffic management.
Most councils have a camera trained on box junctions enabling them to enforce the traffic regulations.
One box junction in Fulham has earned the council £2.4m in Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) fines in 18 months.
The Institute of Highways Engineers (IHE) said high infringement suggested there was a wider traffic flow issue.
Hammersmith and Fulham Council has received £12m in fines from the Bagley's Lane box junction in seven years.
It said:... read more
- 00:16 Brazil: Judge’s death investigated
- 00:17 Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
- 00:17 Bastia 1-1 Nice: Mario Balotelli kept quiet on his return as away...
- 00:16 Protests mark Trump’s first day as US president
- 00:17 Sir Michael Fallon vows the US will remain UK's closest...
- 00:17 Paul Clement believes Daniel Sturridge can cope with Jurgen Klopp's...
- 00:16 Ex-doctor is Labour choice for Copeland
- 00:17 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola claims B teams are 'the...
- 00:16 Corbyn: Cuts would dog independence
- 00:16 Police Taser Own Racism Adviser
- 00:13 Second-hand tyres put lives at risk, councils warn
- 00:12 Boris Johnson urges unseated Gambian president Yahya Jammeh to...
- 00:12 Pair face child cruelty sentencing over girl's death
- 00:12 Woman held over Leonne Weeks stab death released on bail
- 00:12 'Unfit mother' and partner jailed for letting tragic Poppy, four,...
- 00:12 Nine fined for wilful obstruction of highway in Heathrow Black...
- 00:12 MP claims poor areas 'suffer biggest cuts' amid pharmacy funding...
- 00:12 Ex-boxer's body to be cryogenically frozen, family reveals
- 00:12 Heart surgeon struck off after showing 'reckless disregard' for...
- 00:12 Your personal data on sale to scammers and cold callers for just 4p
- 00:11 Oumar Niasse vows to prove Everton wrong in Hull loan spell as...
- 00:11 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero signing new...
- 00:10 That Midas touch can prove elusive
- 00:10 Robber attacked woman during raid on Leeds newsagents
- 00:10 Leeds Festival drug dealer locked up
- 00:08 Chief: Man United could have sold this player for more… we were outbid
- 00:04 Ex-model, 34, starving to death from rare disease has shrunk to 77...
- 00:03 Austria arrest 'foils terror attack' in Vienna
- 00:00 Newcastle United midfielder Isaac Hayden: I could still be at...
- 23:56 Trump backers' disparate hopes coalesce around promise of change