London council raises £12m in fines from a single yellow box junction in seven years - but experts say it's not drivers who are at fault
A single council-operated yellow box junction camera in London's Fulham has pocketed a staggering £12million in fines over the last seven years, an investigation revealed.
London councils have been accused of unfairly raking in millions of pounds from motorists who break yellow box junction rules because of the poor traffic flow management in the capital.
Experts at the Institute of Highways Engineers said drivers are suffering at the hands of poorly-placed box junctions.
In 2015, Transport for London issued £6.5million worth of penalty charge notices (PCN) for infringements in its box... read more
- 17:18 Funeral of Notts golf caddy to the stars to be held next month
- 17:18 10 city landlords fined nearly £30,000 as council cracks down
- 17:18 Emmerdale's Leah Bracknell left tearful as she says her cancer has...
- 17:18 Call The Midwife: FGM victim praises 'beautiful and sensitively...
- 17:18 Hundreds of jobs in doubt as Sainsbury's Stone warehouse to close
- 17:16 French jobless total rises marginally in January
- 17:16 SMTV: 7 things that MUST be in the anniversary special
- 17:15 Keith Wyness LIVE: Aston Villa CEO answers questions from supporters
- 17:15 Birmingham mum who killed her daughter allowed out into community
- 17:15 Warning as EXPLODING e-cigarette destroys bedroom at Black Country...
- 17:15 This Comic Relief trampoline sleepover is coming to Birmingham
- 17:15 See the dramatic moment a dog is rescued from sinkhole by firefighters
- 17:14 Jose Mourinho reacts to Manchester United Europa League draw with...
- 17:14 Lincolnshire pub given the 'all-clear' following rat claims
- 17:14 Boss praises firemen for saving his business from serious fire
- 17:14 Crunch! Watch as police seize and crush uninsured criminal's car
- 17:13 Air Cadets call for new members to join
- 17:12 Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- 17:12 Should 'catfishing' be made illegal?
- 17:11 INTERVIEW: John Shuttleworth
- 17:11 Lincolnshire County Councillors agree to public consultation on...
- 17:11 How the brush strokes used by Van Gogh and Seurat were pioneered...
- 17:10 Mourinho on Rooney's decision to stay at Manchester United
- 17:10 RGC must continue to learn lessons says coach Phil John
- 17:10 Running advice from a professional: Olympic champion Desiree Henry
- 17:10 Europa League team of the week: Which Manchester United star made...
- 17:10 Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson engage in epic back and forth...
- 17:10 Jurgen Klopp reveals injury to Liverpool star in training: Two...
- 17:10 Andy Hinchcliffe predicts Championship promotion race: These four...
- 17:10 Chelsea plot Serie A raid: Blues keen on Lazio star, £21m fee...