Lockwood tip fire: Albert Street to close today as shocking pictures of rubbish mound revealed
Adam Fazakerley Firefighters will shut a major commuting road to deal with an ongoing tip blaze in Lockwood.
Albert Street will be temporarily closed at around 5pm today as crews move in to battle with smouldering waste piles.
The fire was “whipped back up” by windy weather last night, and fire crews are back there today.
Crew commander Andy Wooller, of Huddersfield Fire Station, said: “We are going to be there into tea time. Motorists should avoid driving in the direction of Albert Street later.
“We are closing the road for safety reasons temporarily to attack the fire again.”
Read More... read more
- 09:04 Draw Your Mum: Make Mother’s Day special with our creative project
- 09:04 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 09:03 BIG INTERVIEW: Peter and Kath Mason
- 09:03 They speak for you – but how loud are Calderdale MP's voices in...
- 09:03 Drunk man ‘hammered on door’ in Skegness because he was lost
- 09:03 Derbyshire council tax rise will help 'rising numbers' of needy...
- 09:02 North East MEP Jonathan Arnott resigns from UKIP
- 09:01 Latest news from Belford History Society
- 09:01 How to get rid of piles - and always do this to prevent...
- 09:01 Flu epidemic: the hell of being ill when you’re a parent, and how...
- 09:00 No football snobs at St Johnstone, says Murray Davidson
- 09:00 Raith Rovers can open up a gap at the top
- 09:00 Dundee’s Jon Aurtenetxe hoping for cup success in Scotland after...
- 09:00 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang focused on other things, hints Borussia...
- 08:59 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:55 Federer controversy mounts as Cash admits star has 'UNFAIR...
- 08:53 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:52 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:50 Crunch summit to decide South Yorkshire devolution deal
- 08:47 Australian Open Day 7 schedule: Order of play with Nadal, Wozniacki...
- 08:45 Flasher exposes himself to girl on her way to school
- 08:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:42 Plaid fears the return of the 'milk snatcher' in Welsh schools
- 08:41 Couple with combined age of 171 become ‘Britain’s oldest newlyweds’
- 08:40 Why you need to wash your car now as winter weather could be...
- 08:39 Major funding delight for town kids club
- 08:38 Driver ignores warning signs and narrowly avoids hitting road...
- 08:36 Barcelona news LIVE updates: Messi to block Man Utd move, Valverde...
- 08:35 Aylesbury Vale District Council going for national glory in 2018...
- 08:35 Jose Mourinho explains how signing Alexis Sanchez will change...