Locals help pay fine levied on pub which banned assistance dogs from carvery
Locals are helping to pay a £2,000 court fine levied against a pub which banned assistance dogs from its carvery.
They have clubbed together to help the owners of the Village Inn in Llanfairfechan after it was ruled to have “indirectly discriminated” against Burnadette Clutton, 54, of Llanfairfechan, and Edward Williams, 41, of Tamworth.
The pair had visited the Village Inn for a Sunday meal in April last year with their Labrador assistance dogs, but were told they could not sit in the carvery area.
They were told that they could sit elsewhere in the pub, with staff looking after their... read more
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...
- 10:16 How we must all meet the challenge of tackling loneliness
- 10:15 Cumbria County council issue plea to find selfless carers for new...
- 10:14 Australia captain Steven Smith closes in on century as England post...
- 10:14 Celtic must get rid of European 'nerves' if they have any chance of...
- 10:14 Firm’s technical five star Blackpool hotel challenge
- 10:14 East Kilbride Road Club celebrate their best-ever season
- 10:14 Mansfield and district crime report
- 10:13 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green
- 10:12 Premier League preview: Can Man City be stopped?
- 10:12 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United linked with Chelsea’s Willian ahead...
- 10:12 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green