Local groups urged to start bike libraries
0 Have your say Community groups in the Pocklington area are being encouraged to apply for funding to set up their own Yorkshire Bank Bike Library.
Since the launch of the first Yorkshire Bank Bike Library last year, more than 20,000 chances to ride a bike have been offered to children and around 4,000 bikes have been donated.
The scheme is sponsored by Yorkshire Bank and run in collaboration with Welcome to Yorkshire’s cycling initiative, Cycle Yorkshire.
It aims to give every child in Yorkshire access to a bike.
A fourth round of enterprise funding has been released by Yorkshire Bank to... read more
- 09:26 Snow causes chaos on roads in Calderdale
- 09:25 Slushy conditions sparked rush hour problems
- 09:25 Bitcoin price BOOST: Expert reveals why the cryptocurrency is...
- 09:25 Brave Harrogate musician highlights mental health in all-day gig
- 09:25 Blizzard Battlenet DOWN: Overwatch, World of Warcraft having...
- 09:25 Mansfield MP sorry for “unemployed wasters” post
- 09:25 Entries for the Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2018 are now OPEN!
- 09:25 Poundland to offer more fashion in its stores
- 09:25 Plans to bring another major sporting event to Leeds as city vows...
- 09:24 Road warnings continue in Calderdale weather chaos
- 09:24 Blood-soaked vandal smashed windows and doors at dentist’s and pet...
- 09:24 How the war on plastic could boost your Isa: Recycling and green...
- 09:24 College shutdown forces closure of Doncaster restaurant
- 09:24 Aubameyang to Arsenal: Batshuayi eyed to replace Dortmund ace amid...
- 09:24 Brave Harrogate musician highlights mental health in all-day gig
- 09:23 Manchester United could use Henrikh Mkhitaryan Arsenal comments to...
- 09:23 Poundland to offer more fashion in its stores
- 09:22 RBS criticised for ‘discriminating’ against rural Scottish communities
- 09:22 Jason Kerr is like an ‘exciting signing’ for St Johnstone
- 09:22 Three SNP MPs seek to strengthen parental bereavement bill
- 09:22 Scooter rider airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after...
- 09:22 Talking football: Will cup provide welcome distraction for Dundee...
- 09:22 Dundee United boss Csaba Laszlo hopes Scott Fraser’s Hearts link is...
- 09:22 Aussie flu: What is the deadly viral infection that’s rampaged the UK?
- 09:21 Sheffield motorists fork out more than £5m on council run parking...
- 09:20 KGH marks 10 years of life-saving bowel screening
- 09:20 Most new cars must be electric by 2030, ministers told
- 09:20 Carillion: Government 'inept' over crisis, says GMB boss
- 09:20 Abbeytown Carnival to end as you know it
- 09:19 Do you know what to keep in your car in winter? This list could...