Local artists draw inspiration from Lancastrian landscape
Inspired by the local landscapes, the area’s industrial heritage, and their experimental outlook on artistic pursuit, two northern artists and a poet have opened an art studio and gallery in Soughbridge Mill.
Artists Michael Howley and Jacqueline Smith are working out of the establishment in Sough, near Kelbrook to the north east of Burnley, to create Soulspace - their very own bespoke art studio-cum-gallery where people can view the intricate work-in-progress of the resident artists as well as nurturing their own creativity through a series of weekly art workshops catering for all... read more
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...
- 07:09 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...
- 07:09 Three children rescued after huge blaze breaks out at house...
- 07:08 Pregnancy causes long-term changes to brain structure, says study
- 07:08 Aylesbury Vale District Council’s most complained about councillor...
- 07:06 Home Office under fire over ‘muddled’ strategy on slavery that...
- 07:05 Park status to mark Preston's help for war effort
- 07:05 Transfer update: Hartlepool United in talks with top targets
- 07:05 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...