LMA ‘concerned’ about managers taking bungs
by Our Sports Desk
The League Managers Association (LMA) said yesterday that they were “extremely concerned” about allegations made in the Daily Telegraph that 10 unnamed managers took bribes connected to player transfers.
The newspaper made the claims as part of its undercover investigation into corruption in football.
Separate revelations from the newspaper led to Sam Allardyce, who made a series of damaging remarks on a range of issues, losing his job as England manager on Tuesday.
Several football agents were secretly filmed over the past 10 months and the newspaper reported that the... read more
- 08:12 High street in urgent need of help
- 08:12 Pupil numbers crossing border now over 100
- 08:12 Fred drops Manchester United transfer hint on Instagram
- 08:11 Putting on A Brave Face at Dundee Rep
- 08:10 One in five British cars is fitted with 'dangerous' tyres, warns...
- 08:10 Home insurance bills rise THREE times faster than inflation as...
- 08:10 EE will double the cost of some calls from next month - and it...
- 08:09 Lancashire man jailed after drugs squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts