LMA ‘concerned’ about managers taking bungs
by Our Sports Desk
The League Managers Association (LMA) said yesterday that they were “extremely concerned” about allegations made in the Daily Telegraph that 10 unnamed managers took bribes connected to player transfers.
The newspaper made the claims as part of its undercover investigation into corruption in football.
Separate revelations from the newspaper led to Sam Allardyce, who made a series of damaging remarks on a range of issues, losing his job as England manager on Tuesday.
Several football agents were secretly filmed over the past 10 months and the newspaper reported that the... read more
- 11:48 Impact on Barrow's hospital 'should be assessed in wake of West...
- 11:48 Rupert Everett used prosthetic GENITALS to play Oscar Wilde: ‘I had...
- 11:47 Dashcam drive from Hessle to Hull Paragon Station...in 1996!
- 11:46 New Zealand make early inroads in third Test against South Africa...
- 11:46 Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi wants to be his own man: 'I have...
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place