Lloyds to pay out £300m in refunds to 600,000 customers
Lloyds Banking Group will refund around 600,000 customers over failures in its handling of mortgage arrears policies, sources have confirmed.
It is understood the bank will repay nearly £300 million as part of the scheme and its administration could cost a further £50 million.
Some customers were mistakenly charged between 2009 and 2016 because of the way Lloyds applied policies relating to financial difficulty assessments, Sky News reported.
The broadcaster said those affected would be contacted by the bank and will receive an average of £350 in repaid fees and interest.
The Financial... read more
- 08:45 Owners of popular Barrow pie shop thank police for speedy response...
- 08:43 Kim Kardashian sparks speculation her surrogate is pregnant with twins
- 08:41 Married Premier League star 'tried to rape me': Female QPR player...
- 08:41 Crazed drunk jumped onto car bonnet, bent windscreen wipers and...
- 08:41 Is Cristiano Ronaldo engaged? Star beams with pride with pregnant...
- 08:40 'I didn't want to be classed as a Northern actress' says Lesley...
- 08:39 Traffic chaos in Derby as car overturns at Five Lamps
- 08:39 Flood warning issued in the Calder Valley
- 08:38 Barnier to quit as EU's Brexit negotiator BEFORE trade talks...
- 08:37 Man Utd News: Mourinho threatens players claim, big injury boost,...
- 08:37 Mother filmed Argos doll ‘saying b***h’ to girl, 2, instead of Mama
- 08:37 Toni Kroos talks up Harry Kane at FIFA The Best awards amid...
- 08:37 Cristiano Ronaldo and family joined by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio...
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement
- 08:24 Craig Revel Horwood ‘in agony after delaying hip operation to keep...