Lloyds plans to listen to background noise to create an 'audio footprint' when customers phone to help weed out fraudsters
Lloyds Banking Group is looking to tackle the fraud epidemic facing Britain by investing in new technology to flag potential scammers on the telephone.
The technology works by creating an 'audio fingerprint' of each call by analysing 147 unique call features within 30 seconds, such as location, background noise, number history and call type.
Anything unusual is flagged to the bank, to help stop fraudsters who call up in their tracks.
It also identifies multiple callers associated with the same phoneprint, allowing firms to detect and track fraud rings.
Lloyds, which has around 30million... read more
- 08:41 Coach boost for financial adviser
- 08:40 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:39 Help over Freeview TV problems
- 08:39 Club hears talk on music history
- 08:39 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:39 Health chiefs raise awareness of regular HIV testing
- 08:38 Dog rescued from South Yorkshire kitchen blaze
- 08:38 Alexandra Burke once again favourite for Strictly crown as she tops...
- 08:38 Firefighters battle two outdoor fires near Doncaster
- 08:37 Planning list for council to determine
- 08:36 Carl Frampton secures points victory over Horacio Garcia on...
- 08:36 Peter Kay tickets on sale from today - insider tips on beating the...
- 08:34 Emergency services launch investigation into a summer house blaze
- 08:33 Ilkeston arsonist must pay £1,000 compensation to victim
- 08:27 'The board have to make a decision' West Brom boss Tony Pulis - the...
- 08:25 No seasonal slowdown at Heatherslaw Cornmill
- 08:25 Northumberland farmer lands new role with the CLA
- 08:25 Beer festival helps hospice
- 08:25 Engineers reveal how they made Guy Martin's Mark IV replica tank
- 08:22 Manchester United target £136million double transfer of Antoine...
- 08:21 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers call out Mollie King over...
- 08:21 Devious way a man recorded teenage girl in a shower
- 08:19 A robotic revolution? Newcastle City Council frees up staff days by...
- 08:19 Why does it take so long to turn into North Shields at new Billy...
- 08:19 Current affairs getting you down? Here are some reason to be cheerful
- 08:19 Where we are in the league of shame for stealing from supermarket...
- 08:18 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:17 WEATHER: Cold, dry day with rain by tonight across Derbyshire
- 08:16 ‘Baileys’ recipe video: Here’s how to make your own whiskey and...