Lloyds Banking Group shares offer to the public withdrawn
Chancellor Philip Hammond said it was “not the right time for a retail offer”, as the Treasury announced the sale of its 9.1 per cent holding would restart shortly, having been delayed due to uncertainty around the referendum vote.
His predecessor George Osborne had flagged the proposed offer of £2billion worth of shares to smaller investors as “the biggest privatisation for 20 years”.
Hammond said the retail sale was withdrawn due to “market volatility”.
The Government’s remaining 6.5 billion shares will be drip-fed into the market over the next year through a pre-arranged Morgan... read more
- 19:31 SNP ‘asked for data platform’ from Cambridge Analytica
- 19:31 ‘Taxpayers’ money wasted on Sutton market’
- 19:31 Delight at rise in Ashfield recycling
- 19:30 Live: Person rescued and Oadby road closed while firefighters...
- 19:29 Cristiano Ronaldo sends Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford...
- 19:28 Daily Express editor calls its front pages 'downright offensive'
- 19:27 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 19:24 Glamorous gay club to re-open after reveller glassed - but has...
- 19:24 Boy, eight, rushed to hospital after dog attack outside Green Bear...
- 19:22 Coventry City team news: Mark Robins makes one change to the team...
- 19:18 Amir Khan introduces new baby girl after wife Faryal Makhdoom gives...
- 19:17 Returning the reminders of a war: Vietnamese mementos go home
- 19:17 Seven-year-old boy recovering well after five-organ transplant
- 19:17 Reality Check: Was Facebook data's value 'literally nothing'?
- 19:17 Kanye West posts adorable snap of daughter North playing with...
- 19:16 The Anzac Day specialist: Matthew Banks and his three-game AFL career
- 19:16 Fears raised Windrush hotline will be used for data gathering
- 19:15 New mum with terminal cancer gives fundraising update as £100k...
- 19:11 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 19:11 The Ivy Chelsea Garden denies racist accusations made by Raye after...
- 19:09 Tony Bellew issues scathing David Haye assessment ahead of rematch
- 19:08 Two arrested in Leicester after witnesses report men stealing tools...
- 19:06 Driver sustains leg injury in crash which resulted in a car hitting...
- 19:05 Toronto van attack suspect charged with 10 counts of murder
- 19:05 Liverpool vs Roma: Robbie Savage gives his Champions League prediction
- 19:02 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 19:01 ALFIE LATEST: Judge asks for options over poorly tot's treatment
- 18:59 Coventry City v Lincoln LIVE: Bayliss returns as Sky Blues welcome...
- 18:59 Champions off to an impressive start in Wildmoor League
- 18:59 Liverpool vs Roma LIVE STREAM: How to watch Champions League clash...