Lives ‘put at risk’ by faulty carbon monoxide detectors
A fifth of carbon monoxide detectors fail rigorous testing, putting householders at serious risk, the consumer group Which? has warned.
The Which? investigation put the detectors through rigorous lab testing based on the EU safety standard and found that three out of the 16 devices tested were so bad that, between them, they failed to go off 26 times in 72 carbon monoxide tests.
Those suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning – usually caused by a leak attributed to a fault with a gas boiler, fire or gas appliance – can become seriously ill or, in the worst case scenario, die.
The three... read more
- 13:22 Team GB sprinter James Ellington set for surgery in London as he...
- 13:22 Harry Kane says Tottenham are on the verge of winning titles and...
- 13:21 Man United beaten to forward deal: Medical arranged for tomorrow
- 13:21 Premier League XI of the week based on stats: Who got a 9.8?
- 13:21 Boss confirms in-demand West Ham and Arsenal target is in talks...
- 13:21 OPINION: Is the money in the Chinese Super League a threat to the...
- 13:20 Mosul battle: Children return to schools in recaptured east
- 13:20 Police warning over 'fake tradesmen' email scam
- 13:20 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 13:20 Ryan Mason latest: Health updates after footballer fractured skull...
- 13:20 Defibrillator installed at Co-op's Dove Funeral Service, Uttoxeter
- 13:20 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration
- 13:16 Coventry City fan takeover is 'doable', insists Sky Blue Trust
- 13:16 Head on collision near Banbury
- 13:15 No plans to close Dewsbury A&E department