Lives ‘put at risk’ by faulty carbon monoxide detectors



A fifth of carbon monoxide detectors fail rigorous testing, putting householders at serious risk, the consumer group Which? has warned.
The Which? investigation put the detectors through rigorous lab testing based on the EU safety standard and found that three out of the 16 devices tested were so bad that, between them, they failed to go off 26 times in 72 carbon monoxide tests.
Those suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning – usually caused by a leak attributed to a fault with a gas boiler, fire or gas appliance – can become seriously ill or, in the worst case scenario, die.
The three... read more

 
16 October 2016 in Health, Views: 44
Source: Scotsman
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31