Liverpool vs Manchester United's Monday clash will be first between bitter rivals without a player from Scotland, Wales or Ireland involved
When Liverpool host Manchester United at Anfield on Monday night it will be the first time in history that no Scottish, Irish or Welsh will be involved on either side.
The Monday Night Football meeting will be the 197th between the two bitter foes, dating back to their first ever clash on April 28, 1894 - 122 years ago.
The Anfield game sees Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho go head-to-head for the first time in this historic rivalry.
But it will be more historic for the lack of representation from the Celtic nations of the British Isles, with neither first-team squad including any player... read more
- 19:43 Alfreton mum “gobsmacked” by train failures after son’s lucky escape
- 19:43 In pictures: Heanor wrestling show bags £900 for anti-bullying charity
- 19:40 Man Utd have made ‘phone calls’ to Tottenham over huge summer...
- 19:35 Ireland abortion referendum goes down to the wire
- 19:26 MPs call for pet shop puppy sales ban
- 19:23 Grenfell inquiry opens to emotional testimony from survivors
- 19:23 Russian activity in City of London faces further scrutiny by MPs
- 19:23 Part of M20 to be used as lorry park to counter Brexit jams at Channel
- 19:17 Matlock student competes for Young Horticulturalist of the Year title
- 19:16 Darren Moore's West Brom to do list: The issues the new boss must...
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Why angry UK needed a royal wedding
- 19:11 Paris Gourtsoyannis: Indyref2 may be battle of ‘identitarian’ politics
- 19:10 Author Kate Mosse on returning to writing after a long hiatus
- 19:10 Forget two-week holidays and go for three-day adventures instead
- 19:09 Voters prefer Labor's tax plan, but two-party gap tightens –...
- 19:09 Barack and Michelle Obama to make films for Netflix
- 19:08 Man calls cops after being stalked by pig
- 19:08 Former Emmerdale star Lisa Riley reveals she's engaged to her "soul...
- 19:05 Jim Murphy: can the ‘Irn-Bru’ street fighter save Scottish Labour?
- 19:00 Family's frantic search for Romeo the talking parrot who flew off...
- 18:59 Desire can deliver Champions League dream for Liverpool, says...
- 18:58 Scarborough teenage hammer threat car robbers locked up for 11 years
- 18:57 Doors, backpacks and Ritalin: what Republicans have blamed school...
- 18:56 Northamptonshire golf club captain raises thousands in memory of...
- 18:56 Memorial garden could become games pitch at Northampton primary school
- 18:56 Arsenal confirm Santi Cazorla has left the club
- 18:53 The royal wedding was a display of black culture and I’m here for it
- 18:53 South Yorkshire taxi driver goes on trial accused of sexually...
- 18:53 Can your boss legally read your work e-mails? This is the law
- 18:52 Ruth Davidson calls on PM to oppose push for new independence poll