‘Liverpool to sign another striker’: David Thompson has theory over late transfer deal
The Reds allowed Daniel Sturridge to join West Brom on loan yesterday, leaving them short of options up front.
And that’s why Thompson thinks his old club Liverpool, who have been linked with Thomas Lemar, may do business.
He tweeted: “I can see lfc bringing in another striker now they have shifted big wages off the bill unless they are relying on ings and solanke which is risky! #lfc.”
Thompson earlier appeared to hit out at Sturridge after he moved to the Baggies.
He wrote: “There are players who would run through brick walls for Lfc and there are players that wouldn’t.
“I'm glad... read more
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery