Liverpool to get its very own plane as airline announces expansion
Liverpool is getting its own aircraft with a unique livery based on the city’s cultural heritage.
Romanian airline Blue Air today announces John Lennon Airport as its next European base.
The company will be stationing a Boeing 737-800 aircraft at LJLA which will fly up to 189 passengers at a time to Rome, Milan, Hamburg and Alicante from the beginning of next summer. There are currently no direct services from Liverpool to Rome, Milan or Hamburg.
Blue Air has said it is planning to have livery on the aircraft with a Scouse theme.
The introduction of the aircraft will create 35 local jobs... read more
- 09:51 Bitter row dubbed Trousergate breaks out over Theresa May’s trousers
- 09:50 Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann claims current side isn’t good...
- 09:48 Great places in Derby city centre to stop for coffee or cake while...
- 09:46 Chelsea star Willian: I am delighted Antonio Conte said this about me
- 09:45 West Bridgford residents worried after spate of burglaries
- 09:44 Site manager scoops accolade
- 09:43 Man rescued from bungalow fire in Kirby Muxloe
- 09:43 Catholic church in Manila issues prayer against expanded death penalty
- 09:43 Analysis - After Aleppo, Syria's Assad still far from regaining his...
- 09:43 Five killed in explosion near cathedral in Cairo
- 09:39 An Inspector Calls: Everything is pristine at Hurley House Hotel in...
- 09:39 Go shopping in New York... but pop into Iceland first thanks to...
- 09:39 The peak of luxury: A flying hot-tub, built-in sushi bars and bling...
- 09:37 Children antlers for fundraising reindeer runs
- 09:37 Church-run scheme in Barrow offers to help families struggling with...
- 09:36 Delving into family history
- 09:36 Coldstream art gallery moving to new premises
- 09:29 Max Holloway calls out Jose Aldo after claiming interim UFC...
- 09:29 Manchester United in talks with Premier League rival over January...
- 09:28 AA Gill: Final article describes cancer fight
- 09:27 Nottingham Forest LIVE: Derby County vs Reds live at the iPro Stadium
- 09:27 Crash closes main Nottinghamshire road
- 09:26 Welsh Government property deals net nearly £7m profit since 2007
- 09:25 Beliebers dance with Justin
- 09:24 Man charged following sexual assaults in Burnley
- 09:23 Uber driver clocks up longest ride in history and it only cost £233.88
- 09:21 Ofgem under fire over deal struck with Co-op Energy
- 09:20 BREAKING: Bomb explodes in Egypt by Cairo's Coptic Cathedral, at...
- 09:19 £450k M55 warning sign project completed
- 09:19 The mystique of Mustique: Yes it's gorgeous and glamourous but you...