Liverpool to get its very own plane as airline announces expansion
Liverpool is getting its own aircraft with a unique livery based on the city’s cultural heritage.
Romanian airline Blue Air today announces John Lennon Airport as its next European base.
The company will be stationing a Boeing 737-800 aircraft at LJLA which will fly up to 189 passengers at a time to Rome, Milan, Hamburg and Alicante from the beginning of next summer. There are currently no direct services from Liverpool to Rome, Milan or Hamburg.
Blue Air has said it is planning to have livery on the aircraft with a Scouse theme.
The introduction of the aircraft will create 35 local jobs... read more
- 13:10 Is this absolute sitter the worst miss EVER in world football - or...
- 13:09 Coventry City vs Oxford United: How to get to Wembley, pubs to...
- 13:09 Severn Stars 44 – 65 Wasps Netball
- 13:07 Police chiefs hoping for 'family atmosphere' at local derby
- 13:07 Boston United extends lease at York Street stadium
- 13:06 Could Jaguar Land Rover buy Vauxhall?
- 13:06 Coventry City at Wembley: song writers tip Sky Blues to win 3-1 as...
- 13:06 Westminster terror attack vigil to be held at Coventry Cathedral
- 13:06 6 Music Festival reviews: Goldfrapp/Sparks, Cate Le Bon and the...
- 13:05 £70 million Pride Park scheme that could create 3,300 jobs to be...
- 13:05 Weeping Window poppies in Derby: how city's police paid a heavy war...
- 13:05 Chinese tech giant Tencent takes 5 percent stake in Tesla
- 13:04 Stamford’s Mid-Lent Fair gets underway
- 13:04 Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight agreement is done, says...
- 13:03 Lab worker Paul saves nurse’s life at Leeds hospital
- 13:02 One week on - Birmingham will remember the Westminster attack
- 13:02 Listed: treatments the NHS wants to stop giving on prescription
- 13:02 Police issue appeal after attempted robbery at a Tamworth petrol...
- 13:02 Grantham KGGS class of ’68 to reunite in the town
- 13:02 More than 400 jobs to be created in total as part of British Steel...
- 13:01 26 fake babies created by conman in shocking £34,000 benefits scam
- 13:00 Exposed files on Microsoft's document-sharing site
- 12:59 Neymar again calls for Barcelona to sign Liverpool star Philippe...
- 12:59 ‘Overworked’ Dumfries High teacher falsified pupils’ results
- 12:59 Coca-Cola probe launched after human waste found in drinks cans
- 12:58 Is this the best job on the planet? Blogger will be paid £24k to...
- 12:58 Roaming wild in the radiation zone: Endangered species are THRIVING...
- 12:58 And you thought YOU were tired! Hilarious photos capture people...
- 12:58 Attacks on Nigerian students shock India
- 12:57 Is Cheryl planning on swapping music for the lucrative mummy market?