Liverpool's Coconut Grove nightclub is set to be razed - at last
Moves to demolish one of Liverpool’s great former nightclubs is expected to start within weeks – but months after work was expected to get underway.
Liverpool city council says it has been in regular contact with the Tuebrook site’s developer “to express our disappointment about the slow progress”.
It was announced earlier this year that redevelopment of the former Coconut Grove nightclub site was due to begin – but the building remains in place.
However, local Liberal councillor Steve Radford hit out at what he said was “deceitful” promises by the council that the eyesore would be... read more
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis
- 15:11 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:11 Is your business stuck in a mobile not-spot?
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings
- 15:09 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:08 Ill passenger causes delays on trains
- 15:08 Multi-million pound scheme to get Nuneaton jobless back to work
- 15:08 Got a rat, cockroach or other pest problem in Mansfield? Phone...
- 15:08 Tony Pulis demands Middlesbrough see the job through
- 15:08 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:08 Halifax MP anger over last bank closure in Sowerby Bridge
- 15:07 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:07 We perform BETTER when we have an audience despite being more...
- 15:07 Man stole three cars and burgled house after going "berserk" during...