Liverpool legend hails Jurgen Klopp: Reds fans will love this
Klopp has been hugely impressive since making the move from Borussia Dortmund to Anfield last year.
Barnes sees something of Bob Paisley and Kenny Dalglish in Klopp and reckons the Merseyside giants can end their 26-year title drought under the German.
The 52-year-old, who won two league crowns with Liverpool, said: "Now, players are more powerful than managers, and the managers get undermined as we saw last year.
"This year, with the quality of the managers in the Premier League, that has been redressed a little bit.
“[Klopp] is the man in control and players need to know they... read more
- 22:16 Morning mail: Trump backs down, doctors support dying refugee,...
- 22:16 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern goes into hospital to give birth
- 22:13 Man Utd transfer news: Why Cristiano Ronaldo SNUBBED ‘loan option’...
- 22:11 Gene-edited farm animals are on their way
- 22:08 IN PICTURES: Buxton Race for Life 2018
- 22:07 Joe Launchbury backs Danny Cipriani to make a big impact for England
- 22:05 Lotto jackpot hits £17.2 million after nobody wins Wednesday draw
- 22:05 Student to be ‘spared jail’ after killing sister due to...
- 21:55 All East Dunbartonshire schools to shut for strike action
- 21:54 Police release CCTV image to help track missing Carlisle man
- 21:52 Davide Zappacosta in talks with Inter Milan as Chelsea set asking...
- 21:51 Sheffield Council deny monthly black bin collection claims
- 21:45 Celtic news: Leigh Griffiths reacts to Champions League draw
- 21:45 Vicki Sparks: First female commentator for live World Cup match
- 21:43 MP’s praise and support for carers
- 21:38 Boy, 4, who ‘channels the dead’ told teachers his father had drowned
- 21:38 Man, 27, charged with murder of Daniel Fitzjohn in Northampton
- 21:38 David Bowie Aladdin Sane photograph gifted to V&A museum
- 21:37 Appeal after two women racially abused by 'BNP member' on Glasgow...
- 21:36 MP’s praise and support for carers
- 21:34 Man, 27, charged with murder of Daniel Fitzjohn in Northampton
- 21:33 Tammy Beaumont fires England to T20 record in crushing of South Africa
- 21:33 Tony Abbott and allies could scupper national energy plan, warns...
- 21:32 Iran defender fails with flip throw-in during World Cup defeat...
- 21:32 Dad dies while holding his eight-month-old son in his arms after...
- 21:32 US court hears case against Turpin couple suspected of shackling...
- 21:32 England World Cup fans filmed giving Nazi salutes and singing vile...
- 21:31 Aston Villa linked with a move for ex-West Brom ace
- 21:31 Living together but not married? This document could prove essential
- 21:31 Rhys Jones' parents on the "life sentence" they are still serving