Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet admits sitting on the bench 'hurts' as he eyes recall for Monday's derby clash with Manchester United
Simon Mignolet has admitted sitting on the bench 'hurts' as he looks to fight his way back into Liverpool's starting XI for the derby clash against Manchester United.
The Belgian, who signed a long-term deal in January, was dropped by Jurgen Klopp for Liverpool's last three games against Derby, Hull and Swansea in place of summer arrival Loris Karius.
The German has not stamped down his authority since being given a shot at the No 1 job by Klopp and with Mignolet a more than capable back-up, a recall for the 28-year-old would not cause huge ripples.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next... read more
- 09:40 Speeding offences in England and Wales at a record high: Nearly...
- 09:36 Real Madrid transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci could be sold by...
- 09:35 Try not to squirm while you watch a barber shaving the inside of...
- 09:34 Ice and flood warnings issued for Cumbria today
- 09:33 Music review: The Killers
- 09:33 Music review: Pussy Riot
- 09:33 Music review: Deep Purple/Europe
- 09:33 Music review: Hebrides Ensemble & Meow Meow: Restless Love
- 09:33 Music review: Queens of the Stone Age
- 09:33 Theatre review: The Weir Sisters | Dance review: Tango Moderno
- 09:33 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline
- 09:21 Forfar looking to bounce back from Scottish Cup low
- 09:21 Montrose boss Stewart Petrie hopes team will take confidence from...