Liverpool have an advantage over their main rival for the Premier League title, explains John Arne Riise
Liverpool have proved they will challenge for the title this season, says John Arne Riise. The former Red also thinks that Jurgen Klopp’s side have an advantage over their main rivals for the Premier League crown.
Speaking to Goal, Riise said: ‘I think Liverpool will be there to challenge but I think City are too strong. Surely, though, next year they’ll challenge, but also this year.
‘They also had a difficult set of games to start. But they had a good start. Now City lost to Tottenham, so it’s close.
MORE: Chelsea half-term report: How is Antonio Conte changing the Chelsea philosophy?... read more
- 11:02 EU antitrust regulators welcome Amazon, Apple audiobook agreement
- 11:01 Darts: Ross Montgomery happy with Lakeside display despite first...
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans