Liverpool and Manchester United fail to live up to the hype, Ashley Young justifies his place and the Anfield atmosphere - five things we learned
In one of the most-hyped games in recent Premier League history, Liverpool and Manchester United played out a cagey 0-0 draw at Anfield.
The hosts enjoyed the majority of possession but couldn't make it count, with United needing two magnificent saves from David de Gea to ensure a point at the home of their rivals.
Here, Sportsmail's Chris Wheeler looks at the lessons we learned following the clash at Anfield.
The much-hyped game fails to deliver
The big occasions don’t always go to plan.
We had all the ingredients for a blockbuster at Anfield but it never lived up to expectations.... read more
- 12:41 Appeal for witnesses after ‘altercation’ in Rugby
- 12:41 Everything you need to know about Leeds Christmas lights switch on...
- 12:41 Dyer dampens talk of Sinfield signing for Hoppers
- 12:41 Maguire booster for PNE
- 12:40 Jason Derulo’s epic Game of Thrones Night King Halloween costume...
- 12:40 Pedro Caixinha back to work at Rangers less than 24 hours after...
- 12:40 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:40 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:39 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:39 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:39 'I had to go into survival mode' Diver forced to fend of 13ft tiger...
- 12:39 New railcard for 26-30-year-olds revealed but travellers demand...
- 12:39 The pressing issues Aston Villa need to resolve ahead of Birmingham...
- 12:39 Woman charged with murder of 18-month-old boy who fell from...
- 12:39 Birmingham City announce partnership with Spanish outfit
- 12:39 Birmingham would lose almost £7 billion from a 'hard Brexit'
- 12:39 This Morning's Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby REPLACED by...
- 12:38 Lifeboat ferries paramedic to Holy Island
- 12:38 Free renewables training in Northumberland
- 12:38 Mark Hunt questions why UFC legend Georges St-Pierre is allowed...
- 12:38 Developing young citizens
- 12:38 Can’t pay, won’t pay, but now even more to pay?
- 12:38 Extra-care housing site officially opened
- 12:37 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:37 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:34 South Cumbria beauty spots: Top 10 locations less than 30 minutes away
- 12:34 Half term week weather forecast for South Cumbria
- 12:34 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:34 Future guitar heroes head to the North for EP promo gig
- 12:34 New show from top Beatles tribute is ‘magical history tour’