Little boy who was denied life saving injections has now been reprieved in dramatic NHS U-turn
Worried parents, who were having to raise money for life saving injections for their two year old boy have been told he can now receive them. Paul and Hayley Allen from Penistone, Barnsley, were originally told they needed to pay for £5000 worth of injections to help their son Harrison get through the winter.
But now, in a dramatic U-Turn, the Chief Executive of Barnsley NHS, Diane Wake, telephoned Paul to say the injections could begin immediately.
"I had just ordered the injections 20 minutes before she phoned so luckily I was able to cancel them.
"She told me that it would be... read more
- 13:15 What is Laylat al-Qadr? This is what happened in Birmingham as...
- 13:15 Finsbury Park terror attack victim 'died of multiple injuries'
- 13:15 Grenfell blaze: MP wants sprinklers fitted to all Birmingham's 213...
- 13:15 Hospice of the Good Shepherd has a brand new Skoda up for grabs
- 13:15 How to keep your EU citizenship rights after Brexit
- 13:15 easyJet flight made emergency landing after two women had a midair...
- 13:14 Doncaster factory workers get on their bikes for 110 mile charity...
- 13:14 Vote for your top curry house in Harrogate
- 13:12 The silence of stillbirth
- 13:12 Southern rail: Report into disruption is 'attack on staff'
- 13:12 Family of Finsbury Park attack victim say he lived life...
- 13:12 Phillip Schofield SNAPS at Trinny Woodall over THIS shock comment…
- 13:12 Peter Vincenti 'delighted' to sign for Coventry City from Rochdale
- 13:11 Investigation under way after burglary at Harrogate store
- 13:10 Appeal following theft of trailer
- 13:10 ‘How is the man I saved on the beach?’
- 13:09 Fun and games are in store at this year’s Greenlaw Festival
- 13:09 U.N. blames warring sides for Yemen's "man-made" cholera "catastrophe"
- 13:09 Iconic Cumbrian common leased to trust.
- 13:07 Barcelona reject Manchester United's offer for Andre Gomes -...
- 13:07 Campaigners win latest battle in High Court to stop Catesby's...
- 13:07 The heatwave is over - so when is it going to rain in Leicester?
- 13:07 Watch Leicester kids tell off selfish and dangerous drivers outside...
- 13:07 Brave Uppingham mum who raised thousands for brain tumour charity...
- 13:06 On set with the stars of BBC TV's hit drama The A Word
- 13:06 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 13:06 Woman injured after crash in Morecambe
- 13:06 Space trip for Banbury Space Studio pupils
- 13:05 Armed police search house after reports of man with a gun - only to...
- 13:05 Newcastle West End's notorious Noble Street flats 40 years ago -...