Lisbon? It's a little gem! The top spots to visit in one of Europe's most history-rich cities
Lisbon, with a history longer and richer than any other European city, is a delight.
But it's small, so even for the busiest tourist, a couple of days is more than enough to fit in everything that you will want to see in the city.
If you stay a couple of more days, you can add several sights outside the city too, such as Sintra with its extraordinary old palaces and wonderful gardens, and the lovely seaside resort of Estoril.
These are my top six places to visit:
1. Belem tower
Lisbon's best-known landmark was built at the beginning of the 16th Century to protect the harbour entrance.
It... read more
- 09:52 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:52 Shoppers warned over Tesco voucher Facebook page tricking thousands...
- 09:52 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:51 POUND LIVE: Pound pauses after DUP deal ahead of Queen's Speech vote
- 09:51 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...
- 09:49 Cash and jewellery stolen in Kettering burglary
- 09:48 Man sprayed CS gas into eyes of Cumbrian police officer trying to...
- 09:47 REGIONAL: Police officer jobs announced
- 09:47 Barcelona set deadline for Hector Bellerin signing as they grow...
- 09:43 Yellow weather warning for rain issued
- 09:42 Choking the life out of seabirds, the rubbish littering our...
- 09:42 Who's a big boy? Dog owners share side-by-side snaps of their...
- 09:42 Panoramic FAIL: The amusing, bizarre and downright scary results of...
- 09:42 Interview with Richard Blackledge: Former businessman and Master...
- 09:41 Inspectors praise support for Northamptonshire children with...
- 09:41 Everton want £10m Andre Gray: Burnley eye Britt Assombalonga as...
- 09:41 Everton eye Sheffield United midfielder David Brooks following...
- 09:41 Course on how to deal with stress
- 09:40 Tourism's time to seize opportunity
- 09:40 Boost for brain injury survivors on coast
- 09:40 Stephen Good: Innovation is change that unlocks new value
- 09:40 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks, dollar ease ahead of slew of c.bank speeches