Lisbon? It's a little gem! The top spots to visit in one of Europe's most history-rich cities
Lisbon, with a history longer and richer than any other European city, is a delight.
But it's small, so even for the busiest tourist, a couple of days is more than enough to fit in everything that you will want to see in the city.
If you stay a couple of more days, you can add several sights outside the city too, such as Sintra with its extraordinary old palaces and wonderful gardens, and the lovely seaside resort of Estoril.
These are my top six places to visit:
1. Belem tower
Lisbon's best-known landmark was built at the beginning of the 16th Century to protect the harbour entrance.
It... read more
- 08:54 Gossip: New contract for Wilshere?
- 08:53 Gemma Collins compares herself to Bridget Jones after spectacularly...
- 08:53 Starstruck Gemma Collins meets Stormzy and she can’t quite believe it
- 08:53 Steps to play Open Air Theatre in 2018
- 08:53 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:53 Liverpool News: Klopp speaks out, Ancelotti appointment claim,...
- 08:53 Pakistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE stream: How to watch fifth ODI cricket...
- 08:52 What’s being planned where you live in Ashfield?
- 08:52 What’s being planned in Mansfield?
- 08:50 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Klopp blasts players, Lovren hits...
- 08:50 Jamie Redknapp's Team of the Week: Huddersfield and Spurs dominate...
- 08:49 Glossier launches its first ever fragrance
- 08:46 Why you shouldn't ask your GP for antibiotics
- 08:46 Chelsea star Pedro sends message to his team-mates
- 08:45 Lincolnshire vets warn pet owners of fireworks trauma
- 08:44 Crackdown on speeding in Notts
- 08:44 What’s being planned where you live in Ashfield?
- 08:43 Indian ecostay described as a 'pocket of heaven' plans to open...
- 08:43 Walsh, Gill and Cole announced as Doctor Who companions
- 08:42 Liverpool repeating mistakes, heads would have rolled at Man Utd -...
- 08:42 Long delays on A180 after two accidents near Stallingborough...
- 08:40 Man found dead after fall from Aberdeen-based drilling ship in...
- 08:39 Why you shouldn't ask your GP for antibiotics
- 08:39 How to check if you need to pay the new T-Charge
- 08:38 Carlisle man left with horrific injuries after alleged altercation...
- 08:38 Former UFC fighter Norman Parke punched by cornerman after KSW...
- 08:38 Simon Cowell in Cheryl's bad books after cheeky jibe over her...
- 08:38 World War 3: Japan has 'NO TIME for dialogue' as threat of war with...
- 08:38 M6 southbound closed after 'serious collision'
- 08:38 Five former US Presidents unite to help raise cash for hurricane...