Linda turned up at A&E twice a day. A dedicated team now stops that
In a desperate effort to get relief for excruciating pain caused by osteoarthritis, curvature of the spine, and abdominal discomfort following surgery, Linda Douglas went to A&E twice a day.
The chronically ill 48-year-old, who lives near Sunderland, was “at the end of [her] rope” because of the constant pain and frequent hospital visits, and felt life “was not worth living”. That was until a new team of health and social care professionals took over her case and improved her quality of life from “six to 99%” in early 2016.
The team comprising her GP, consultant, community matron,... read more
- 11:15 Filmmakers arrive at significant milestone
- 11:15 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:14 EU to investigate O2 CZ, T-Mobile CZ network sharing deal
- 11:14 Weldon house plan: developer’s claims are ‘codswallop’
- 11:14 REVIEW: Cats, Milton Keynes Theatre
- 11:14 Greece approved for £2.5BILLION eurozone bailout funds
- 11:13 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:13 VIDEO - Check out the world’s first airbag for cyclists
- 11:13 How to spot if your new fiver is fake - here are six things to look...
- 11:13 ‘Massive and sustained’ hacking attack triggers webcam recall
- 11:13 Pokemon Go announce Hallowe’en-themed update for this week
- 11:13 North Sunderland go on a goal spree in NNL Bilclough Cup
- 11:13 Biggest defeat of the season for Amateurs
- 11:12 Couple land £25,000 as village wins Lottery again
- 11:12 Livingston basketball teen Leah Stewart makes winning start to life...
- 11:12 Chelsea ace Lewis Baker involved in mass brawl after being pelted...
- 11:12 Slaven Bilic defends Antonio Conte on Jose Mourinho row: This is...
- 11:12 Ten arrests and cars and dogs seized as part of crackdown on hare...
- 11:12 Mourinho's masterplan? Man City training invaded by pigeons ahead...
- 11:12 Hartlepool primary fails to make the grade
- 11:12 Shopping centre heroes handed award for saving Hartlepool girl’s life
- 11:11 Radioactive leak at nuclear research reactor in Norway
- 11:11 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:11 Paul Pogba’s situation at Manchester United reminds me of Mesut...
- 11:11 Couple land £25,000 as village wins Lottery again
- 11:10 Championship news: Chelsea legend set for Nottingham Forest job?...
- 11:10 Drink driver who left teen girls seriously injured after horror...
- 11:09 Crowland Care Home ‘wear it pink’
- 11:09 Cash boost for Holbeach and Fenland Gymnastics Club
- 11:08 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Man Utd stars ‘shocked’ by Mourino approach, boss...