Lincs worst in UK for early diagnosis of cancer
Lincolnshire has ranked as one of the worst places in the country for early diagnosis of cancer.
Only a third of patients in West Lincoln are diagnosed early – defined as being before tumours spread, according to a ratings system which began in July 2015.
The rating system is part of a major cancer strategy designed to save an extra 30,000 lives a year by 2020.
In Lincolnshire on the whole, 36.5 per cent of cancer patients were diagnosed early while 68.8 per cent were dead in a year.
In the worst performing CCGs – including Newham in east London and Medway in Kent – more than a third of... read more
- 08:17 Spittal plans poised for green light
- 08:17 Walking for charity
- 08:17 New Zealand put in the hours at the Westpac Stadium ahead of crunch...
- 08:17 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling still struggling against the...
- 08:17 Paper round-up: Chelsea ready £95m summer spree, Arsenal £35m bid,...
- 08:16 Controversial speed humps coming to Leyes Lane outside Kenilworth...
- 08:16 Newcastle face rethink after Liverpool turn down loan approach
- 08:15 Urgent safety notice issued to owners of Hotpoint fridge freezers
- 08:15 How director Jason Connery’s new film Tommy’s Honour was...
- 08:14 Multi-million pound plans to improve busy South Shields junction...
- 08:14 John Legend stands up for women’s rights calling for ‘more women in...
- 08:14 New payment plan to tackle 'unfair' travel costs for post-16...
- 08:14 Nexus reassures Metro passengers and confirms no station is lined...
- 08:12 Kenny MacAskill: It’s not if, but when indyref2 will be called
- 08:12 Man attacked outside Rotherham takeaway
- 08:12 Aston Villa transfer news: John Terry's double incentive to join
- 08:11 Scots overwhelmingly support older people ‘hate crime’ law
- 08:10 Wossobama Gym star Ashley Beattie will fight Victoria Lomax for...
- 08:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan gets second...
- 08:07 Avebury neolithic 'stone square circle' discovered
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history