Lincolnshire UKIP councillor criticised after running for seat 255 miles away in Wales
A Lincolnshire County councillor who is also in the running for a seat in another county council 255 miles away has defended the move.
Skegness South’s Coun Robin Hunter-Clarke, who represents UKIP, has been nominated for the role in Gibbonsdown, Wales, for the Vale of Glamorgan Council in the upcoming by-election on November 3.
But the news has angered independent county councillor for the Vale of Glamorgan Kevin Mahoney who can’t understand how he could manage the two roles.
Coun Mahoney said: “I find it quite amazing and a gross insult to the residents who elected him, that having put... read more
- 11:03 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United injury update ahead of...
- 11:03 Ander Herrera seen rousing Manchester United team-mates in tunnel...
- 11:02 Daring councillor’s 70ft charity plunge
- 11:02 Barcelona name just one Spaniard in starting XI for the first time...
- 11:02 Juventus star Dani Alves says he quit Barcelona because they were...
- 11:02 Zlatan Ibrahimovic must love playing with Paul Pogba and Chelsea...
- 11:02 Pervert police officer sacked after being caught with indecent...
- 11:02 Sheffield City Region leaders unite to tackle inequality and boost...
- 11:02 South Yorkshire farmer’s live lamb cam is an internet hit
- 11:02 FTSE steadies after setting one-month high, Unilever slumps
- 11:02 VIDEO: Family of Sheffield man shot dead say 'We are all grieving'
- 11:02 Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
- 11:02 Chinese news agency warns South Korea's Lotte over THAAD
- 11:01 Lindley hair salon fire: Two arrested on suspicion of wounding with...
- 11:00 Hartlepool Marina lock emptied for first time in more than 20 years
- 11:00 Another major deal for Hartlepool company
- 11:00 Appeal for witnesses after burglary in Northamptonshire village
- 11:00 Piers Morgan for KNIGHTHOOD? Fans make huge demands as host...
- 11:00 Warning to parents over highly infectious bug sweeping UK schools
- 11:00 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:00 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby
- 11:00 UNITARY AUTHORITY: Labour calls for ‘end to shambles’
- 10:59 Police want to speak to this man about bank card stolen in Corby
- 10:59 CH1ChesterBID Welcome Ambassador Luka Jake Morrell: A Day in the Life
- 10:59 Warning to parents over highly infectious bug sweeping UK schools
- 10:59 Sir Tom Jones to perform summer concerts and here's how to get tickets
- 10:58 Gang of beggers pictured getting out of Romanian registered car...
- 10:57 NHS IN CRISIS: ‘Stroke patients will have to travel further to...
- 10:57 More than one third of fires in Cumbria down to arsonists
- 10:57 UNITARY AUTHORITY: Labour calls for ‘end to shambles’