Lincolnshire UKIP councillor criticised after running for seat 255 miles away in Wales
A Lincolnshire County councillor who is also in the running for a seat in another county council 255 miles away has defended the move.
Skegness South’s Coun Robin Hunter-Clarke, who represents UKIP, has been nominated for the role in Gibbonsdown, Wales, for the Vale of Glamorgan Council in the upcoming by-election on November 3.
But the news has angered independent county councillor for the Vale of Glamorgan Kevin Mahoney who can’t understand how he could manage the two roles.
Coun Mahoney said: “I find it quite amazing and a gross insult to the residents who elected him, that having put... read more
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances
- 08:10 Spared jail: Telford teenager sexually assaulted woman as she slept
- 08:10 Shropshire savers lose out as building society cuts rates
- 08:10 Paul Nuttall defiant despite humiliating defeat in Stoke Central...
- 08:10 Shropshire pub raiders steal cash, alcohol and laptop
- 08:10 Person 'unaccounted for' after Shropshire house fire
- 08:10 Every goth needs these skull shaped bath bombs
- 08:09 90 Lancaster firms will be hit by contractor shake-up
- 08:09 Musical La La Land could make Oscar history this weekend
- 08:09 The Batman news: Ben Affleck REACTS to Matt Reeves taking over as...
- 08:08 Oil futures suggest bullish funds' big bet on price may pay off
- 08:07 Weather: Cold and sunny start, rain and wind later