Limit to human life may be 115 (ish)
Human life spans may be limited to a maximum of about 115 years, claim US scientists.
Their conclusions, published in the journal Nature, were made by analysing decades of data on human longevity.
They said a rare few may live longer, but the odds were so poor you'd have to scour 10,000 planet Earths to find just one 125-year-old.
But while some scientists have praised the study, others have labelled it a dismal travesty.
Life expectancy has been increasing relentlessly since the nineteenth century - due to vaccines, safer childbirth and tackling killers like cancer and heart disease.
But... read more
- 16:24 Grantham hustings at St Wulfram’s Church has been postponed for a week
- 16:24 Tell Dad just how much you care with a free Father’s Day message in...
- 16:24 Worksop police officers commended for their bravery
- 16:23 Nate Diaz fires more shots at the UFC: F**k a retreat!
- 16:22 Stacey Solomon takes karaoke to the next level with nationwide tour...
- 16:22 Vote for your favourite Wigan Curry House
- 16:20 We need private security to patrol lkeston, says Dukeries Club...
- 16:20 What the next Intu Derby restaurant should be - according to you
- 16:19 Warning over Blue Whale Challenge craze after 13-year-old dies
- 16:19 So THAT'S why there's a decibel sticker on your wheelie-bin
- 16:19 Decommissioned bedsits in Long Eaton to be converted into family homes
- 16:18 Sutton St James continues search for ‘village caretaker’
- 16:17 Germany must invest to keep up in electric cars - Merkel
- 16:17 Something massive is passing in front of that ‘alien...
- 16:17 Cars are no longer allowed to use Bank Junction during the day
- 16:17 An early look at Late May Bank Holiday weekend weather in the...
- 16:16 Who should I vote for?
- 16:16 Wall St. opens higher as oil prices, defense stocks rise
- 16:16 Billy Bush on Trump tape - didn't have 'strength' to change topic
- 16:16 Police probe alleged brawl at Carlisle cage fighting event
- 16:14 Global passport system outage in the UK causes CHAOS and huge...
- 16:14 Some Everton FC players will have a point to prove in pre-season
- 16:13 Melton pub celebrates top award
- 16:13 Melton businesses urged to paint the town red
- 16:13 "Chaos" as Kirklees Council contractor fails to put road closed...
- 16:13 Manchester United and Chelsea on transfer alert as Monaco star...
- 16:13 David Seaman tells Arsene Wenger what Arsenal must do to compete...
- 16:13 Primark have released a highly-pigmented eyeshadow palette for just £4
- 16:12 'We are concerned with the Eurogroup agenda' Portugal Finance...
- 16:11 Warning over "Brexit" virus in bacon and sausages ahead of Bank...