News from Lifestyle
If you’ve ever used the phrase ‘on fleek’, pay up. Because the creator of the phrase – the person who you have to thank for all your fleek-themed compliments – hasn’t made any money from creating a key part of our social language. And that’s a damn shame
While mental health seems to have been at the forefront of conversation for some time now, it’s still a taboo subject in more traditional arenas. And until recently, professional sport has been renowned for being a difficult space to talk about perceived
While Edinburgh has always commanded special international attention, from its cultural and historical significance, to its reputation as a financial and professional services hotspot, the same has not always been true of the property investment market.
In the documentary The Trouble with Dad, comedian David Baddiel opens up about what life has been like since his dad Colin was diagnosed with Pick’s disease. Airing on Channel 4 on 20 February, he explores his father’s everyday life with the condition, b
A MAN-MADE surf park is to be created in the Capital under plans which would see a disused quarry pit turned into an artificial lake with waves controlled at the flick of a switch. Developers are giving city residents the chance to take a look at bluepri
Another day, another person trying to sell a ridiculous, dangerous product as an attempt to profit off our fear and confusion around the vagina. You know, just in case fruity supplements, detox balls, tightening sticks, and a new treatment to freeze your
Bird-loving volunteers are being hunted for a “chance of a lifetime opportunity” to work and live on a tiny Scottish island, Staff at the Isle of May Nature Reserve on the Firth of Forth are looking for hardy volunteers this spring to monitor the populat
I’ve been out of the dating game a long time. In fact, I met my soon to be husband in 2013 when I was 22 and Tinder was in its infancy, so I barely even had time to try online dating. But I’ve watched my friends turn Tinderella one by one, with varying
The hijab is a head covering that many of us have seen Muslim women wear. Those who don’t have knowledge of what it means may believe that wearing the covering is a symbol of oppression. However, this couldn’t be more incorrect. The word hijab means ‘bar
Remember when the fashion world made pyjama sets cool, and we all rejoiced the prospect of wearing silk and elasticated waistbands to the office? Well thank Mulberry for a level up. Their new runway show takes cosy, casual comfort to its natural end: act
Jaw-dropping landscapes, cosmopolitan cities and more adventure activities than you’ll know what to do with (and that’s before I even mention the Lions rugby tour) – this is why you need to visit New Zealand this summer. New Zealand is known by the Maori
Origins Lavender Flower Fusion Soothing Sheet Mask £5, Origins counters & origins.co.uk Made from natural bamboo, this is infused with lavender essential oil, which is a natural antiseptic and known to calm the mind as well as the skin. Lie back...
One of the longest-running Edinburgh Festival Fringe venues is to go back to its roots after ditching a controversial digital event derided as “somewhere between pointless and insulting.” The founders of the Assembly Rooms will be back staging traditiona
An “army” of grandparents looking after their grandchildren are collectively saving parents more than £16 billion a year in formal childcare costs, a report has found. Grandparents spend on average more than eight hours a week looking after their grandch
- 09:47 Serious cause behind the smile
- 09:47 Explorer Levison Wood to entertain Chesterfield with stories of his...
- 09:46 Sutton United boss hits out at 20-stone goalie Wayne Shaw for...
- 09:45 You can skip this ad in a year: YouTube drops 30-second commercials
- 09:45 YP Comment: The best and worst of politics
- 09:45 Pundit addresses rumours of Man United’s £30m Arsenal raid: This...
- 09:45 Multi vehicle accident on M62 near Leeds
- 09:45 Milo Yiannopoulos banned from conference over paedophilia comments
- 09:45 Children's sex book causes stir in Indonesia
- 09:45 COURT REGISTER
- 09:45 THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: Catching God’s attention as spring arrives...
- 09:44 South Africa grants Barclays Africa some immunity in FX rigging probe
- 09:44 Hammond closes in on budget goal after strong January tax inflows
- 09:44 Mourinho mind games begin as Man Utd draw Chelsea in FA Cup
- 09:44 Marlpool model set for a comeback
- 09:44 Asia stocks consolidate recent gains; China shines
- 09:43 Tory leader challenges council's call to splash cash on traffic...
- 09:43 Scarlett Moffatt 'gutted' as her family is axed from next Gogglebox...
- 09:42 Queen of the jungle Scarlett Moffatt 'gutted' at family's...
- 09:42 Police dig at former Swindon home of double killer...
- 09:42 Ukip leader Paul Nuttall gives witness statement to Hillsborough probe
- 09:42 Louth Golf Club: Eileen claims the Valentine’s Day honours
- 09:41 Conor McGregor hints he's open to fighting Pacquiao if he doesn't...
- 09:41 Can you guess which former team-mates joined Bastian Schweinsteiger...
- 09:40 Medieval client for surveyor
- 09:40 #LiftTheWeight is a campaign urging rugby players to open up about...
- 09:40 The woman who created ‘on fleek’ has launched a GoFundMe to start...
- 09:40 Emergency services are searching a Carlisle river after car found
- 09:40 Leeds M621 slip road closed after crash
- 09:39 New power network initiative for Horncastle