News from Lifestyle
Poor Bob the cat might not have a home for Christmas – but she’s hoping that someone might find it in their hearts to take her into their homes in time. Bob was dumped by her owner two years ago, when he took off in the middle of the night and left her b
Christmas is one of the culinary highlights of the year. Perhaps even THE highlight. If I could eat apricot stuffing, cranberry sauce, and boxing day sandwiches every single day without ending up having to be cut out of my house, then I would. I am no fo
Be it for a secret Santa draw, the difficult mother-in-law or an awkward friend who has everything, I don’t know of many women who wouldn’t be delighted to unwrap a luxury candle on Christmas Day. Indulgent and frivolous, this is the gift you would never
It’s the end of the week, so let’s all take a moment to look back, reflect, and catch up on anything we missed. After the last month of frantic news, this week’s been a bit slower. Everyone’s thinking about Christmas, staying indoors to avoid the chill,
You thought that buying Christmas presents for loved ones would be easy, oh how wrong you were. You decided this year that you would be really nice, get into the festive spirit and actually buy really sweet presents for everyone. Your intentions were goo
One of the hardest things for any mum is seeing her children fly the nest – it means that she has done her job right and it is everything that she has been building up to, but it doesn’t half knock the wind out of any mother to say that heart wrenching g
When you’re carefully selecting a calendar for the year ahead, you face a difficult decision: should you go for cute, funny, or sexy? There’s no right answer. The closest thing to right is a combination of two out of three (if anyone masters all three, l
Every introvert knows that shopping is hell. You step through the doors of a shop and immediately get assaulted with cheery offers of help and assistance. They ask how you are. You feel obligated to ask them how they’re doing, but it’s clear they don’t r
Getting on your first ever flight is pretty exciting. There’s the take-off. The joy of looking down through the clouds. The moment when you realise that while some parts of plane journeys are great (the tiny bags of pretzels, the pleasure of turning off
When Dexter was diagnosed with cancer back in May, his owners were devastated. The vet had found a ping-pong ball-sized lump on his neck and diagnosed the 14-year-old beagle-greyhound with oesophageal cancer. Not knowing whether he’d survive or not, his
When chemotherapy brings hair loss, a loss of confidence can come along with it. This artist wants to help chemo patients feel beautiful again. Sarah Walters, the creator of Sarahenna, is an artist who gives chemotherapy patients intricate crowns of pain
Get ready to be taken to school on what timeless beauty really means. This is a retrospective that will appeal to not just the style minded among us but the history buffs as well. I’m a massive fan of the 100 Years of Beauty series, which at first glance
As we reach the end of the year and give up on any attempts we previously had to eat properly and exercise effectively, it’s worth looking forward to 2017. 2017 will be better. We’ll be healthier. Hopefully fewer famous people will die. But 2016 wasn’t a
- 14:42 Aston Martin brings back to life one of its classic 'sixties...
- 14:42 Port Vale vs Northampton Town Matchday LIVE
- 14:41 Council to impose £100 on-the-spot fines to tackle drink and drug...
- 14:41 Arsenal v Stoke line-ups: Wenger makes six changes, Bellerin in...
- 14:40 Second suspect in Brazilian soccer team air crash put in jail
- 14:38 Festive season kicks off in Rutland towns
- 14:38 Rats filmed crawling over sandwiches in popular bakery chain
- 14:38 Bourne Garden Club lines up talk on Grimsthorpe
- 14:38 Doctors perform caesarean on woman with learning difficulties...
- 14:38 Motorist flees from car after fire breaks out in Liversage Road, Derby
- 14:36 David Seaman: Arsenal must do this to win the title
- 14:35 St Peter's Bridge is partially blocked after collision
- 14:33 Ticketmaster reveals which Nottingham gig was voted the best of 2016
- 14:33 'Protest party' celebrates the popularity of at-risk community centre
- 14:32 Bob the cross-eyed cat is desperately trying to find a home in time...
- 14:31 Watford 3 - 2 Everton: Stefano Okaka scores twice to extend the...
- 14:30 Poultry farmers asked to help to keep Lincolnshire free from avian flu
- 14:29 Watford 3-2 Everton: Stefano Okaka brace stuns the Toffees as...
- 14:26 Manchester United transfer target Bruma reveals talks with...
- 14:26 Scouting report: Would Romelu Lukaku be better at Chelsea or...
- 14:23 Hoarding the cash: Which clubs have made most money from UEFA in...
- 14:23 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...
- 14:22 Police seek man to help them with enquiries into a burglary
- 14:22 Community rallies to support families left homeless by hotel blaze...
- 14:21 Lorry driver jailed for over 11 years for £5m drug smuggling bid
- 14:21 Manchester United v Tottenham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and...
- 14:21 Aaron Ramsey misses Arsenal vs Stoke City due to hamstring injury
- 14:21 Professor blasts proposals to overhaul north Cumbrian NHS
- 14:20 Muhammad Ali's letter of condolence to Nelson Mandela up for sale
- 14:20 Registrar quits amid row over 'donation for place at Stowe School'