'Life is just torture' Man whose sister died in house fire suffers second heartbreak after flat blaze kills brother
A MAN whose sister was killed in a house fire has died in a blaze in his flat.
Father-of-two William Smart, 42, died in his ground-floor home in East Wemyss, Fife.
A neighbour raised the alarm at about 10.30am on Saturday.
The victim, known as Wullie, was pronounced dead at the scene.
His brother Craig wrote on Facebook: “Something has happened so horrible that I am unable to comprehend the effect it is going to have on my life and those who shared a life with my big brother Wullie.
“Life is just torture. My little sister and now my big brother have both been taken in house fires.”
Craig,... read more
- 13:09 Woeful England slump to heavy defeat
- 13:09 ‘Underdog’ tag won’t stop Mick
- 13:09 Squirrel 'threat' to critical infrastructure
- 13:09 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:08 'Sinking' West Allotment homes will be knocked down after being...
- 13:08 Detectives praise Sunderland Post Office worker after alleged...
- 13:07 Chelsea plot summer bid for Lazio forward Keita Balde
- 13:06 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:06 Morecambe war collection secures permanent display
- 13:06 MP gets behind Ellesmere Port kebab shop
- 13:06 Airbus flight from Singapore to Texas makes historic touchdown at...
- 13:06 Kenilworth man sues travel company after contracting ‘hideous’ food...
- 13:06 Air India says women-only seats for comfort after reported...
- 13:05 Tarzan would be green with envy! Britain's most luxurious treehouse...
- 13:05 You wouldn't want the aisle seat on this flight! Passenger captures...
- 13:05 Transfer News: Chelsea done deal, Man United and Arsenal open...
- 13:05 Sky Sports journalist: Liverpool will complete this transfer deal...
- 13:05 Nottingham to host live murder mystery game that is a cross between...
- 13:05 The never-ending honeymoon: Newlyweds spend SEVEN months...
- 13:05 Here are the dates for the next property auctions in Nottingham?
- 13:05 Terror suspect downloaded propaganda because he was 'simply...
- 13:05 Why we need to talk about mental health issues in young people
- 13:05 100 Scots patients spent 12 hours in A&E in first week of 2017
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’