Life DOES still exist on Mars - and the Viking Lander found it in 1976, major new study claims
Forty years ago, two landers in a Martian experiment known as the Viking Labeled Release produced positive evidence for microbial life on the red planet.
Separated by 4,000 miles, both of the Viking landers yielded similar, repeatable results, prompting researchers to conclude – controversially – that Martian life had been detected.
Though many have dismissed the findings as non-biological, the soil materials that would support this explanation have yet to be identified.
With the historical data considered, along with recent evidence of water, complex organic molecules, and methane on Mars,... read more
- 11:33 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:33 Mind Over Marathon: Documentary on people living with mental health...
- 11:33 Skegness lifeboat rescues man who fell out of kayak
- 11:33 40 weird and wonderful uses for Halen Môn's lesser known products
- 11:32 Kyle Edmund out of Barcelona Open as Dominic Thiem shows...
- 11:32 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread sees growth slowdown as rising...
- 11:32 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:32 Wealth management giant St James's Place reports bumper set of...
- 11:32 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:32 Police name Cropthorne Avenue murder victim
- 11:31 Sporting stars from the world of football and boxing coming to...
- 11:31 Recruitment under way for new restaurant opening at Rushden Lakes
- 11:31 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:31 Driver 'tested positive for cocaine' in Scarborough
- 11:31 Gridlock issues around Derbyshire bus station
- 11:31 How cycling to work could halve the chance of cancer and heart disease
- 11:30 Blackburn United promoted to Premier League after victory over West...
- 11:30 Ex-Czech defender Rajtoral found dead
- 11:30 Athletics: Sotherton wins medal for Beijing
- 11:30 Becks praises PFA winners N’Golo Kante and Dele Alli
- 11:30 Man jailed for nine years for imitation firearm threats and burglary
- 11:30 Natalie McGarry confirms she will quit as MP at General Election
- 11:29 Education day is set to focus on history of Heugh Battery Museum
- 11:29 Food bank handouts to people in crisis reach a record level
- 11:29 Book on Caribbean island reveals its link to Banbury
- 11:29 Work begins on new police memorial garden
- 11:28 Want to improve your mental health and wellbeing? Get craft-y
- 11:28 What causes varicose veins? THIS is why condition occurs - and it...
- 11:28 Batley man admits attempt to fight for Daesh in Syria
- 11:27 Villagers face going to 'lock-down' if huge Sherbourne Park event...