Liddle Wales article complaints rejected by IPSO
Complaints against a Sunday Times column that said the Second Severn Crossing linked "rain-sodden" Wales with the "first world" have been thrown out by a press standards body.
Rod Liddle's piece prompted nearly 80 complaints to the Independent Press Standards Organisation in two days.
IPSO rejected complaints of discrimination, saying the editor's code did not apply to groups of people.
The code does not address issues of taste, it added.
Mr Liddle's article followed a campaign launched last week against the renaming of the Second Severn Crossing to the Prince of Wales... read more
- 16:29 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:29 Tributes paid to Norwegian woman who became leading Melton travel...
- 16:29 Murderers shared torture photos of schoolgirls who vanished 18...
- 16:29 UK country duo My Darling Clementine coming to Wirral venue
- 16:28 The pros and cons of privatising the NHS
- 16:28 Battered face of angler knocked out in brutal Tamworth attack by...
- 16:28 Wakefield Council to close creche in move to save cash
- 16:27 Drink-driver to lose his job after crashed into traffic lights
- 16:26 Who is Jeremy Kyle engaged to? What we know about Vicky Burton
- 16:26 From Sowerby Bridge to the Champs-Élysées - The Chiropractor...
- 16:25 Take a look at the refurbished Aldi store in Leamington
- 16:25 Take a look at the Nivea Men Body Shave Range line-up
- 16:25 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:24 Bridget Phillipson MP: Why we should recognise the positive impact...
- 16:23 Volunteers needed to help Sheffield children who are in care
- 16:23 Online tools help parents stalk student children
- 16:22 Pub car park killer showed ‘no mercy’ during fatal attack on his...
- 16:21 Kate Middleton and Prince William settle into home life with new son
- 16:21 Leabrook Road Wednesbury flooded after burst main chaos
- 16:21 Farmers urged to upgrade security after burglaries in Warwickshire
- 16:21 Entire Jubilee Line on London Underground SUSPENDED
- 16:21 Take a look at the refurbished Aldi store in Leamington
- 16:21 The Avengers Infinity War: What happens to Thanos?
- 16:21 Deontay Wilder age, height, record and net worth as he makes $50m...
- 16:21 Tottenham demanding £40m plus Luke Shaw for Manchester United to...
- 16:20 Nacer Chadli's West Brom future amid Napoli rumours - what we know...
- 16:20 Farmers urged to upgrade security after burglaries in Warwickshire
- 16:19 Terminally-ill gran calls for Shona Robison to resign over two-hour...
- 16:19 Another reality: the best VR headsets for the virtual world
- 16:18 Police race to alleged golf course brawl in buggies