Libya: More than 100 families at risk of starvation in Benghazi
More than 100 families trapped in a Libyan neighbourhood are at risk of starving to death, Amnesty International has warned.
Children have been reduced to "skin and bones" as no food or water reaches the district of Ganfouda, in Benghazi.
All entry roads are blocked by fighting or by the Libyan National Army militia, which has cut off supplies.
The area has been the focus of fighting between Islamist militias and troops loyal to Libya's eastern government.
The two-year conflict in Benghazi is focused on Islamist fighters largely holed up in the besieged area.
But there are still... read more
- 12:26 Appeal to help find missing Sunderland woman Marilyn Herron who was...
- 12:25 Meet the boss who believes the spirit of Endeavour should inspire...
- 12:25 Twiston-Davies defies conditions to claim Stratford double
- 12:25 New show from top Beatles tribute is ‘magical history tour’
- 12:25 Stage stars go mad for the 80s in new musical
- 12:25 UKIP’s new leader may have to sell his home to afford his new job
- 12:25 Having Hearts fans IN the team for Edinburgh derby a big boost says...
- 12:25 Scientific breakthrough may stop post-antibiotic apocalypse
- 12:24 Fancy owning a country cottage? This one also comes with an annexe
- 12:24 Why is a win over the Daggers a surprise? Wrexham AFC fans on...
- 12:23 Shoppers roll up for Castle Quay’s Fashion Fun Fair
- 12:23 Man arrested as police swarm Wigan estate
- 12:23 READER PICTURE: Clouds loom over coastline
- 12:23 Pound exchange rate: Travel bug holds overseas holiday market...
- 12:23 Games industry turnover tops £500 million thanks to online...
- 12:23 Burton Albion loan watch: Marcus Harness helps Port Vale to crucial...
- 12:23 Beekeepers fear for future of honeybees as survey shows steady...
- 12:23 Gemma Collins says she could have died after monumental stage fall...
- 12:23 EVENTS GUIDE: Warwickshire fireworks 2017
- 12:23 Coronation Street's Pat Phelan will be exposed as a rapist
- 12:22 School welcomes trio of teachers to key leadership roles
- 12:21 VIDEO: Derbyshire mum's warning after toddler is dragged inside...
- 12:21 Councillor takes action and fixes road sign on ‘nasty bend’ himself
- 12:21 Have your say on Sherwood Forest playground scheme
- 12:21 MISSING: Appeal for help to locate missing teenager from Northampton
- 12:20 Louth Rocks! Your chance to win a prize with Sue Ryder
- 12:19 Cobblers cut ticket prices for FA Cup date with Scunthorpe United
- 12:19 Future guitar heroes head to the North for EP promo gig
- 12:19 Aston Villa news: Steve Bruce to ‘break the bank’ for Tottenham...
- 12:19 Barcelona News: Barca transfer mogul watched five Spurs and...