Liberal Democrat leader challenges Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn to TV debate
Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have been challenged to a televised debate by Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron.
The clash would take place in David Cameron's old seat of Witney ahead of the by-election on Thursday October 20 that was triggered by the former prime minister's resignation as an MP.
Mr Farron said: "The Prime Minister became Conservative leader without facing a single TV debate and Jeremy Corbyn has called for a leaders' debate.
"I'm challenging both of them to come to Witney and debate the by-election, Brexit, the economy, foreign affairs and what kind of society we... read more
- 18:10 Huge Liverpool news: Steven Gerrard confirms return to Anfield
- 18:10 'Baby shake' death trial: Jury retires to consider verdic
- 18:10 Lanes closed after three-vehicle collision on M42 near Tamworth and...
- 18:09 COURT REGISTER
- 18:08 More 'spotters' at Huddersfield Town games to reduce policing bill
- 18:08 'Road rage' victim suffers broken nose and eye socket
- 18:07 Finance ministers seek Treasury clarity on economic plans
- 18:06 Chelsea News: Conte's secret weapon, conspiracy theory, transfer...
- 18:04 'Please save our jobs' say Dee Valley Water workers as crunch court...
- 18:04 Steven Gerrard returns to Liverpool as Academy coach as club...
- 18:03 Saido Berahino transfer latest: Stoke agree terms with West Brom...
- 18:03 11 lost buildings of Coventry that are gone but not forgotten
- 18:00 Per Mertesacker shows love for Arsenal with response to signing...
- 17:58 Lucky escape for driver after head-on crash in Goole
- 17:58 Quad bike vandals leave trail of destruction on Leeds golf course
- 17:58 A38 at Branston to remain closed for THREE more hours
- 17:57 Girl, 4, killed after months of cruelty by mother and her...
- 17:57 Obama’s inauguration was very different
- 17:56 Tragic student took own life after being discharged from hospital
- 17:56 Lincoln City v Dover Athletic LIVE - can the Imps thwart Ricky...
- 17:56 Man United boss Jose Mourinho faces decision time: 11 stars could...
- 17:55 Gwynedd man beaten with golf club, stabbed and left unconscious by...
- 17:54 Losing in Iraq, Islamic State seeks to shore up Syria presence
- 17:54 Rocket fired near Istanbul police headquarters - CNN Turk
- 17:54 Teenagers left devastated after five bikes stolen from Tamworth...
- 17:54 Live: Meeting to show support for Cleethorpes Library
- 17:54 Poppy Widdison: Children's Commissioner launches child protection...
- 17:53 Driver killed after lorry overturns and bursts into flames on M42
- 17:52 END OF EU? Brexit is ticking TIME BOMB for eurozone, says Merkel's...
- 17:51 Police at scene of Tunstall High Street collision involving motorbike