Liberal Democrat leader challenges Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn to TV debate
Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn have been challenged to a televised debate by Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron.
The clash would take place in David Cameron's old seat of Witney ahead of the by-election on Thursday October 20 that was triggered by the former prime minister's resignation as an MP.
Mr Farron said: "The Prime Minister became Conservative leader without facing a single TV debate and Jeremy Corbyn has called for a leaders' debate.
"I'm challenging both of them to come to Witney and debate the by-election, Brexit, the economy, foreign affairs and what kind of society we... read more
- 10:15 Harsh new penalties for using your phone while driving come in...
- 10:14 Insurance broker JLT sees positive outlook for U.S. business
- 10:14 The globetrotter confined - the hardening of Geert Wilders
- 10:14 All eyes on Cumbria as World Health summit comes to Carlisle
- 10:13 Broadchurch shows how rape is not just a gratuitous plot device
- 10:13 How was your weekend running?
- 10:13 Everything you need to know about vitamin B12 deficiency
- 10:13 Do painkillers offer any help for back pain?
- 10:13 Arsenal are the most consistent team on the planet, claims...
- 10:13 Shamed ex-Sunderland star Adam Johnson launches new appeal over...
- 10:13 12 arrests in dawn raids as part of bid to stop drugs from...
- 10:13 Racist abuse hurled at pensioner on Wearside street
- 10:12 Anger rises as Fylde coast fracking protests ramp up
- 10:12 Spencer’s first goal earns Biggleswade double
- 10:12 British defence stocks SOAR as Donald Trump plans $54billion...
- 10:12 Real Madrid star decides to come to London: He wants to join...
- 10:12 ‘I want my story to be of help to others’
- 10:12 Tributes paid following death of county councillor
- 10:12 Residents urged to join in with Great British Spring Clean
- 10:12 PEAK RESORT: Building work starts on £400million attraction
- 10:12 Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta urges Luis Enrique to stay at...
- 10:10 Warwick man who was saved by donor set to compete in World...
- 10:09 France - Reasons to be bullish despite election stress
- 10:09 'Harder, faster, louder': how drone-pilot drama Grounded shook the...
- 10:09 VIDEO: "I don't regret it:" Local professional boxer who served 21...
- 10:09 Hartlepool boy remains in a critical condition today
- 10:09 Traffic lights causing chaos in Bramley Vale
- 10:09 Fraudsters may have targeted elderly man in Chesterfield
- 10:09 New club is launched to help those with dementia
- 10:09 Colleagues to host charity football match in memory of Peter