Lewis Hamilton told Mercedes to withdraw Japanese Grand Prix appeal over Max Verstappen
Mercedes lodged an official appeal to the FIA, the sport’s governing body, in protest at Max Verstappen’s driving in the closing stages of yesterday’s race at Suzuka.
Hamilton, who now trails Nico Rosberg by 33 points in the drivers’ championship after the German’s victory, attempted to pass Red Bull driver Verstappen at the chicane on the penultimate lap. Verstappen moved to his right to defend the position, with Hamilton taking to the escape route.
In a bizarre series of events three hours after the chequered flag, Mercedes lodged a protest of the result citing “erratic” and “dangerous”... read more
- 09:54 Japanese robotics startup ZMP to delay Tokyo listing
- 09:54 Road partially blocked after crash near Horncastle
- 09:54 ThyssenKrupp secrets stolen in 'massive' cyber attack this year
- 09:54 So you humiliated yourself at the Christmas party. What next?
- 09:54 Chelsea enter race to sign Southampton defender - reports
- 09:53 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 09:53 VIDEO: Monster Raving Loony Party leader Howling Laud Hope talks to...
- 09:53 Help save lives – give blood at Grantham sessions
- 09:53 Arrest after 3am 999 caller threatens to enter sea
- 09:53 More trains will stop at Morpeth
- 09:52 Give way to cyclists when turning, says British Cycling
- 09:51 BYPY committee and awards date revealed
- 09:51 More strikes at Topshop depot in Solihull
- 09:50 Risking Beijing's ire, Vietnam begins dredging on South China Sea reef
- 09:50 Brazilian footballer takes first steps after plane crash that...
- 09:48 Son of Mackworth man Geoff Seggie due in court today charged with...
- 09:48 Government to respond in Brexit Supreme Court case
- 09:47 Marks confident Town can recover
- 09:47 Boss Page praises ‘unbelievable’ attitude of Cobblers players ahead...
- 09:46 Convenience of a new bar at Sheffield Town Hall site
- 09:46 Crashes cause delays on South Yorkshire motorway
- 09:46 Olympic athlete and Sheffield charity celebrate young people’s...
- 09:46 The rise of a former Victorian bakery: A dozen flats for sale on...
- 09:46 Tom Hughes not concerned by Scunthorpe RUFC's losing streak
- 09:45 Heartbreaking picture of boy, 7, attacked by bullies as he posted...
- 09:45 Anthony Joshua v Eric Molina: Undercard, start time, TV details and...
- 09:44 Ohio passes bill making abortion illegal as soon as heartbeat is heard
- 09:44 British holiday jet diverted after bomb squad finds suspicious...
- 09:42 Crews tackle fire at commercial building in Bispham
- 09:42 Midwife units see one in four mums transferred by ambulance to...