Lewis Hamilton sparks confusion with tweets about withdrawn Mercedes protest
Lewis Hamilton claims he ordered his Mercedes team to withdraw a protest which could have seen the Briton promoted to second in Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.
Mercedes lodged an official appeal to the FIA, the sport's governing body, in protest at Max Verstappen's driving in the closing stages of the Suzuka race.
Hamilton, who now trails Nico Rosberg by 33 points in the drivers' championship, attempted to pass the Red Bull driver at the chicane on the penultimate lap. Verstappen moved to his right to defend the position, with Hamilton taking to the escape route.
In a bizarre series of events... read more
- 13:24 What are the symptoms of cervical cancer?
- 13:23 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 13:22 Team GB sprinter James Ellington set for surgery in London as he...
- 13:22 Harry Kane says Tottenham are on the verge of winning titles and...
- 13:21 Man United beaten to forward deal: Medical arranged for tomorrow
- 13:21 Premier League XI of the week based on stats: Who got a 9.8?
- 13:21 Boss confirms in-demand West Ham and Arsenal target is in talks...
- 13:21 OPINION: Is the money in the Chinese Super League a threat to the...
- 13:20 Mosul battle: Children return to schools in recaptured east
- 13:20 Police warning over 'fake tradesmen' email scam
- 13:20 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 13:20 Ryan Mason latest: Health updates after footballer fractured skull...
- 13:20 Defibrillator installed at Co-op's Dove Funeral Service, Uttoxeter
- 13:20 New weather warning for ice and freezing fog issued by Met Office
- 13:20 Are you listening Diego Costa? Chelsea star slams transfer to China
- 13:19 Who remembers enjoying a night out in this former favourite...
- 13:19 Green Party leader announces Amber Valley visit
- 13:19 Offshore wind farms power cost drops by 32% in five years, says report
- 13:19 PM to meet President Erdogan in Turkey
- 13:19 Reston now has its own defibrillator
- 13:19 Duns Probus members enjoy Buns Supper
- 13:18 Boilersuit Ball aims to raise vital funds for baby unit
- 13:18 'Mystery' of iconic Bettys building in Harrogate is solved!
- 13:18 Classic grub goes down a treat at St Francis Catholic Primary...
- 13:17 Kodi users targeted as the fight against piracy heats up
- 13:17 People are going nuts for this couple who look like EastEnders’...
- 13:17 Woman urges people to ‘murder all male babies’
- 13:16 Revealed: First look at £82m Coventry train station masterplan
- 13:16 Coventry Cathedral stands up for tolerance on Trump's inauguration