Level 42 guitarist Mark King: I’ve always had this capacity for not panicking
Soaking up the autumn sunshine on the balcony of his rather chic South London apartment, 57-year-old Mark King doesn’t look terribly different from the 22-year-old who fronted British funk-pop stars Level 42 in the early 1980s.
He didn’t have much hair then, has slightly less now, but the cheeky grin and readiness to laugh at the ups and downs of his band’s four-decade history are still intact.
“I’ve always had this capacity for not panicking,” he says. “If you panic, the game’s up and it all falls apart.”
Fortunately for King, the fans haven’t panicked either. Level 42 may no longer enjoy... read more
- 10:40 Adam’s TV dream in Prime position
- 10:40 Newsreader breaks down over babies and toddlers being sent to...
- 10:40 Teenager jailed for trying to shame brother’s sex abuse victims...
- 10:39 Liverpool was the star of the small screen today - and Scousers...
- 10:39 Boys pictured taking one last looked before school was bulldozed in...
- 10:39 One of North West's busiest motorway junctions facing TWENTY weeks...
- 10:38 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:38 Royal Highland Show 2018: Everything you need to know
- 10:38 Centre Parcs set to trial fun jet powered water board in leisure...
- 10:38 Music & Spoken Word review: Bill Murray, Jan Vogler and Friends,...
- 10:38 Was Seaton the best in the country at welcoming the roadshow?
- 10:38 JELLYFISH: Warning after hundreds of stinging jellyfish hit Fylde...
- 10:37 Lukasz Fabianski joins West Ham: Poland star explains why he...
- 10:36 New award on the menu for ‘innovative’ food firms
- 10:36 Children sent to ‘tender age’ shelters after being separated from...
- 10:36 RETRO: Star Sheridan makes her entrance 37 years ago
- 10:34 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:34 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:34 Sheffield school lands national award for its science work
- 10:34 Metal detectorists unearth unique hoard of Roman artefacts
- 10:33 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:31 GALLERY: Amazing pictures from inside the derelict Royal Court Theatre
- 10:31 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:30 Well-known Burnley youth club leader dies
- 10:30 This is how Warwick University is supporting women in engineering
- 10:29 Tony Abbott signals he'll cross the floor to vote against...
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight