LETTER: Open invitation for Corbyn to visit Dewsbury
0 Have your say I was returning from an afternoon and early evening out in Bradford last Saturday and with the recent complete lack of debate over immigration and Brexit at the Labour Party Conference still rattling through my brain, the following came to mind.
Over the last 40 years we have seen the hollowing out of our local Northern Industrial towns both economically and culturally.
Our plight has been ignored by successive Governments, both Tory and Labour, and there has been a feeling of powerlessness among the electorate to stop this, or indeed have any influence over it.
The... read more
- 18:23 'Tremendous victory' hailed as Lakes Line services return
- 18:22 Every Hull emergency crew race to house fire - then find out it's a...
- 18:21 Government defeated in House of Lords over vote on final Brexit deal
- 18:21 Police investigate damage to ancient Highland burial cairn
- 18:19 Man who died after being found with serious injuries at Warrington...
- 18:19 Royal Ascot 2018 day one tipping guide: all roads lead to Romanised
- 18:19 Romelu Lukaku double ensures Belgium stroll to win against Panama
- 18:18 Bird Lovegod: Future is fintech and the North must embrace it
- 18:18 Blackfriar: The question marks over future of Yorkshire Bank brand
- 18:18 'I was a mini bastard': Sir Edward Leigh looks back on his 35 years...
- 18:18 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:18 Bus passengers stop packed coach from crashing on motorway after...
- 18:17 21-month jail sentence for man who lunged at stranger with knife...
- 18:17 Body of a man found today in Hobhole Drain near Sibsey
- 18:16 Parkinson’s Café up and running in town
- 18:16 Charity call for more shop volunteers across region
- 18:16 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:15 Chelsea and England starlet heading to Coventry City - reports
- 18:15 Ex-Coventry City, Liverpool and Chelsea man takes up coaching role...
- 18:15 Bumper pay-day beckons as ex-Coventry City star nears Premier...
- 18:15 England should 'not come down too hard on Eddie Jones' after series...
- 18:15 A quick taste of Coventry City's travels in League One next season
- 18:15 Everyone had fun in the sun at village fair
- 18:14 West Brom 'in negotiations' over double sale - reports
- 18:14 Driver trapped for an hour following horror M6 crash
- 18:13 Time capsule buried under former police station found by builders
- 18:13 Ban on Barrow taxi drivers flying England flags overturned
- 18:13 Yarlside win Furness Academy Sport Award
- 18:13 Northumberland pupils set for boardroom challenge
- 18:12 Vintage train company steps in to reopen Lake District line