LETTER: Museum closure is a disgraceful way to treat the town
0 Have your say On Monday, the Kirklees Council’s Cabinet voted to close Dewsbury Museum.
They have now given the Friends of Crow Nest Park an ultimatum: put together a viable business plan and find a group to run the buildings within two weeks or the museum and all the out-buildings will be disposed of.
Meanwhile, it will be full steam ahead to develop a brand new museum and art gallery for Huddersfield.
This is a disgraceful way to treat our town which has suffered more than enough knocks recently.
Cabinet Members should be ashamed of themselves for betraying Dewsbury like this.
We won’t... read more
- 14:48 Kettering woman pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting young boy
- 14:48 Telegram app agrees to Russian registration, but not to share...
- 14:48 Has Kodi forced Sky Sports to slash prices?
- 14:47 The strange things people put in luggage
- 14:47 What is a miscarriage? Symptoms, causes and what happens after the...
- 14:46 Every Premier League done deal so far this transfer window: What...
- 14:46 Alvaro Morata to Man Utd: Real Madrid star will be enriched by move...
- 14:46 Paddington Bear author Michael Bond dies aged 91
- 14:45 Duckenfield, Bettison and three others could face maximum sentence...
- 14:45 Arsenal ‘doing everything’ to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco
- 14:44 Who is Naked Attraction's Anna Richardson?
- 14:44 Naked Attraction: What REALLY goes on behind the scenes
- 14:44 Big Sleuth trail of 22 little bear cubs launches at Birmingham...
- 14:44 West Brom at centre of pioneering scheme to build brand in China
- 14:44 Wall St. set to open higher as tech selloff stalls
- 14:44 Islamic State turned on dissenters as Raqqa assault neared
- 14:44 Ribble Valley visit was Royal's most expensive
- 14:44 Wimbledon 2017 men's and women's seeds in full revealed
- 14:44 Get set to climb aboard the Space Youth Bus
- 14:43 Long Itchington man jailed after sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
- 14:43 Engagement and wedding rings snatched in 'devastating' Huddersfield...
- 14:42 Prime Minister says Dewsbury hospital’s A&E will NOT close
- 14:42 Former football coach Barry Bennell, 63, is charged with another 14...
- 14:41 Delays across Nottingham tram network due to collision
- 14:41 Video released by police investigating Newark van break-in
- 14:41 This amazing apartment in Mapperley Park is bigger than some 4-bed...
- 14:41 Company that runs park home estates across UK moves HQ from...
- 14:41 School trips to be 'reassessed' amid fury over seven-year-olds...
- 14:41 Liverpool target says Man City would be his preference as he wants...
- 14:40 Sky Sports is scrapping its numbered channels in major shake-up...