LETTER: Museum closure is a disgraceful way to treat the town
0 Have your say On Monday, the Kirklees Council’s Cabinet voted to close Dewsbury Museum.
They have now given the Friends of Crow Nest Park an ultimatum: put together a viable business plan and find a group to run the buildings within two weeks or the museum and all the out-buildings will be disposed of.
Meanwhile, it will be full steam ahead to develop a brand new museum and art gallery for Huddersfield.
This is a disgraceful way to treat our town which has suffered more than enough knocks recently.
Cabinet Members should be ashamed of themselves for betraying Dewsbury like this.
We won’t... read more
- 16:41 Man suffers facial injuries following Whitehaven incident
- 16:40 Chance to rent former Second World War aircraft hangar
- 16:40 Knocked out but spurred on: Cumbrian teens determined to make a...
- 16:39 Blackpool Zoo launches its new elephant house
- 16:39 US sanctions Iranian hackers for 'stealing university data'
- 16:39 Manchester City's big stars ended Luke Coulson's dream after 10...
- 16:37 Ayla’s first school flamenco
- 16:37 Traditional Good Friday parade to take place in South Shields
- 16:36 Let’s move to Eastbourne, East Sussex: ‘Things may be changing’
- 16:36 First non-stop flight between UK and Australia set for take-off
- 16:36 'I will not resign': Councillor's vow following disabled insult row
- 16:35 Supermarket chain makes £1.9 million investment and creates 15 new...
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes
- 16:27 How Harvey Weinstein's accusers are fighting their way back to the top
- 16:27 Clean up your skatepark - or lose it
- 16:26 Olivier Giroud reveals this major frustration since joining Chelsea...
- 16:26 Manchester United 'confident' they can land this £40m Brazil star...