LETTER: Closures are an assault on vulnerable folk
0 Have your say THE latest assault on the vulnerable and defenceless elderly citizens of Morley, Armley and Seacroft by Leeds City Council, as yet more care homes for the elderly or day centres face closure by an arbitrary decision, is a squalid disgrace.
Yet another symbol of the malign dictatorship which Leeds MDC has become under Labour.
They do not represent the will of the people, only voter apathy with 66 per cent having so little confidence in the Civil Hall gang, they just don’t bother to vote any more.
DS Boyes, Upper Rodley Lane, Leeds
- 11:36 Green campaigners want action to stop pigeon poo ‘raining down’...
- 11:36 Manchester United in advanced talks with Portugal international:...
- 11:36 Cristiano Ronaldo went crazy at these two Real Madrid stars after...
- 11:35 Like working with animals? This may be a job for you...
- 11:35 How you can apply for 30 hours of free childcare from today
- 11:34 Gentoo and Sunderland College sign deal to build firm foundations
- 11:34 Bloody bare-knuckle boxing packs out Coventry Skydome
- 11:34 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:34 'Heartbroken' Little Boy Blue viewers left seething at 'injustice'...
- 11:34 Crowds enjoy flower displays at Ulverston open gardens event
- 11:34 Cumbrian businesses welcome government's industrial strategy proposals
- 11:33 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:33 Mind Over Marathon: Documentary on people living with mental health...
- 11:33 Skegness lifeboat rescues man who fell out of kayak
- 11:33 40 weird and wonderful uses for Halen Môn's lesser known products
- 11:32 Kyle Edmund out of Barcelona Open as Dominic Thiem shows...
- 11:32 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread sees growth slowdown as rising...
- 11:32 Comfort eating bad for children
- 11:32 Wealth management giant St James's Place reports bumper set of...
- 11:32 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:32 Police name Cropthorne Avenue murder victim
- 11:31 Sporting stars from the world of football and boxing coming to...
- 11:31 Recruitment under way for new restaurant opening at Rushden Lakes
- 11:31 The Voice auditions are coming to Scarborough
- 11:31 Driver 'tested positive for cocaine' in Scarborough
- 11:31 Gridlock issues around Derbyshire bus station
- 11:31 How cycling to work could halve the chance of cancer and heart disease
- 11:30 Blackburn United promoted to Premier League after victory over West...
- 11:30 Ex-Czech defender Rajtoral found dead
- 11:30 Athletics: Sotherton wins medal for Beijing