Let's take over the M6 Toll and make it free says mayoral front-runner
The favourite to become West Midlands mayor has backed nationalising the M6 Toll road to ease the congestion on the region’s roads.
Labour candidate Siôn Simon is the latest figure to highlight the insanity of having 26 miles of near empty motorway while traffic is gridlocked on the old M6 through Birmingham and the Black Country.
And as the man most likely to be in the mayor's office next year his backing is a major step forward for the campaign to get the private pay-as-you-go road into public ownership and free to use.
Read More Urgent plan of action needed for M6 traffic delays chaos -... read more
- 10:31 Georgian townhouses to undergo £2m revamp
- 10:31 Flu risk leads to order to keep all poultry indoors
- 10:30 Britain fines Pfizer record $107 million for huge drug price hike
- 10:30 'Keep your birds indoors!' Birdflu outbreak warning issued for...
- 10:30 The Premier League's deadliest ever penalty takers - ranked by...
- 10:29 Letters - December 12, 2016
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch
- 10:27 Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts reveals Pep Guardiola’s words...
- 10:26 New fund attracts £40m in just four days
- 10:26 Could your old mobile pay for Christmas? Classic Motorola and Nokia...
- 10:26 Death crash inquest opened
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...
- 10:23 CCTV still released after card stolen in Buxton burglary is used
- 10:23 Kenilworth D-Day veteran ‘overcome’ with emotion after receiving...
- 10:22 Lincolnshire Devolution: What now for the remaining eight?
- 10:21 EU fines Credit Agricole, HSBC, JPMorgan for Euribor fixing
- 10:21 UK industrial output suffers biggest fall in four years after...
- 10:21 This Manchester city pub will be feeding the homeless on Christmas day
- 10:21 Mourners shave heads for India's Jayalalitha
- 10:20 Pundit calls on Arsenal star Mesut Ozil to make this improvement to...
- 10:20 Ex-Real Madrid president discusses Alexis Sanchez's potential...
- 10:20 Corby police and their partners set up shop in the town centre
- 10:20 What is the speed of light? 6 facts surrounding today’s Google Doodle