Let's take over the M6 Toll and make it free says mayoral front-runner
The favourite to become West Midlands mayor has backed nationalising the M6 Toll road to ease the congestion on the region’s roads.
Labour candidate Siôn Simon is the latest figure to highlight the insanity of having 26 miles of near empty motorway while traffic is gridlocked on the old M6 through Birmingham and the Black Country.
And as the man most likely to be in the mayor's office next year his backing is a major step forward for the campaign to get the private pay-as-you-go road into public ownership and free to use.
Read More Urgent plan of action needed for M6 traffic delays chaos -... read more
- 11:20 Sky Sports man singles out the key player for an Arsenal title charge
- 11:20 Liverpool need this player... he will give them a big lift - pundit
- 11:19 WEATHER WARNING: Met Office issues latest update for the region
- 11:19 A beady-eyed 'magical' crab is named in honour of Harry Potter and...
- 11:19 Man who buys Windows 98-era laptop for $5 finds a Star Trek...
- 11:18 More passengers dissatisfied with railway service
- 11:18 Pigeon Man vows to continue feeding birds despite threat of jail
- 11:17 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:16 Men win the battle of the taxes, says HMRC
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?
- 11:13 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:13 People are genuinely concerned for Melania’s welfare following...
- 11:13 Why you shouldn’t secretly take a stranger’s photo and post it online
- 11:12 Will petrol prices in Derby keep on soaring?
- 11:12 Did you know you're living in a FOG CLOUD in Derby right now?