Less than half of north west children have ever climbed a tree, survey reveals
A new survey has revealed that children in the region are better at identifying a Pokemon than a species of bird.
Isle of Man tourism conducted the research which found that only 44 per cent of North West children have ever climbed a tree, compared to 70 per cent of their parents.
The survey also revealed that North West children are more au fait with tech than nature as the region’s kids are found to be more familiar with Pokémon characters than common garden birds, and 4-in-10 (40%) see more nature on TV or in video games than in real life.
In the North West, 77 per cent of kids can... read more
- 12:27 Gay canon Jeremy Pemberton loses tribunal appeal
- 12:27 Mother and son in Harrogate hospital after car overturned in crash
- 12:26 Huge Earners: The 20 best-paid Premier League players and their...
- 12:24 ASTONISHING CLAIM: Christian pastor claims to have brought back boy...
- 12:24 BREAKING: Pakistan Airlines plane missing near mountainous...
- 12:24 Book online for health and fitness sessions in North Lincolnshire
- 12:24 Doncaster review into sex abuse in sport ordered by child...
- 12:24 Ex-Chelsea coach: The real reason Ramires wanted to leave Stamford...
- 12:24 'HS2 stress is making us ill,' say Doncaster residents
- 12:23 Plane goes missing after taking off with around 40 people on board
- 12:22 Pakistan flight crashes in north
- 12:20 Manchester United ace Marouane Fellaini blasts David Luiz for...
- 12:20 KH Hair boss honoured by Fellowship for British Hairdressing
- 12:19 Yorkshire Tea...isn't from Yorkshire?!
- 12:18 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 12:18 Swan rescued from Odeon cinema in Bolebridge Street, Tamworth
- 12:17 Chellaston police meeting at Bonnie Prince pub with free drinks up...
- 12:17 The Santa Tracker is back – and it’s even better than last year!
- 12:17 Britain needs Brexit transitional deal - insurance trade body
- 12:16 There's a new sheriff in town! Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal...
- 12:15 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 12:15 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:14 Cumbrian department store closed after power cut
- 12:13 Woman raped by fiance as she was having an epileptic seizure
- 12:12 Gas alert at Lancashire nuclear plant
- 12:12 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:12 Poorly Hartlepool baby’s plight inspires big fundraising drive
- 12:12 Help by the trolley load for Hartlepool Foodbank
- 12:11 Steve Ross: Big data still needs the human touch
- 12:11 Pep Guardiola’s next generation: The dream team of Manchester City...