Lenovo to take over Fujitsu's PC business - Nikkei
China's Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK) is set to take over the personal computer operations of Fujitsu Ltd (6702.T) as the Japanese company seeks to focus on IT services and other higher-priority businesses, the Nikkei business daily reported on Thursday.
The two companies aim to reach a deal this month, the paper said, adding that about 2,000 Fujitsu workers would likely be transferred to Lenovo.
Fujitsu declined to comment. A spokesman for Lenovo in Japan said: "We don't comment on rumours."
One option for the deal would see Fujitsu transfer its PC design, development and... read more
- 00:47 Action group hope for more changes to homes plan
- 00:46 Dementia prevention: Ward off memory loss symptoms by doing THIS...
- 00:41 YP Letters: Leave voters will not forgive Tory backsliding over Brexit
- 00:41 YP Letters: Public would soon tire of Corbyn as PM
- 00:41 YP Letters: Grand ambitions for devolution come at price
- 00:41 What channel is Joe Joyce vs Ian Lewison fight on? Everything you...
- 00:39 Arsenal playmaker Jack Wilshere will get his chance in the Premier...
- 00:39 Arsenal forward Theo Walcott poses alongside Serbian riot police...
- 00:39 Coventry City winger Jodi Jones is tricky, confident and unfazed by...
- 00:37 Most complete tyrannosaur fossil ever found in southwestern US dug...
- 00:35 Conor McGregor's intentions for his next fight revealed
- 00:29 Marks & Spencer to offer mortgages from next year
- 00:21 Coronation Street spoilers: Nicola Rubinstein makes a shocking...
- 00:19 Childcare costs have risen almost five times faster than wages in...
- 00:19 The staggering amount police collect PER YEAR from speed driving...
- 00:19 M&S Bank to offer mortgages from NEXT YEAR - what you need to know
- 00:19 Why a new study will look into the Brummie dialect
- 00:17 How can you help your local online business go global?
- 00:17 How garden bird feeders gave Britain's great tits giant beaks
- 00:17 Everton skipper Ashley Williams sparks huge fight as Toffees lose...
- 00:17 Incredible drone footage shows five of the eight Mexican border...
- 00:17 Arsene Wenger promises Jack Wilshere Premier League game time for...
- 00:10 RZA claims Russell Crowe did spit at Azealia Banks at that infamous...
- 00:09 Lottery grant to fund study of England's many dialects
- 00:09 Mobile companies overcharging customers after contracts end
- 00:09 Bank of England under fire for lack of diversity
- 00:06 China prepares to enter a new stage of development
- 00:06 Britain’s ‘subversives’ were proved right by history
- 00:06 Tory divisions exposed
- 00:06 Mud state governors shun their swearing-in ceremony