Lenders slash returns on children’s accounts
High street banks and building societies are now taking the axe to child savings accounts as interest payments tumble to new lows.
There have been more than 100 rate reductions on child savings accounts so far this year, with providers reducing returns on products including junior Isas.
Accounts used by families to provide nest eggs for children previously tended to escape the regular round of cuts inflicted on other savings deals. But that has now changed, according to Moneyfacts, which said some now pay as little as 0.10 per cent a year.
Savers have also been hit in recent weeks by large... read more
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...
- 17:03 Anthony Joshua collects bespoke Range Rover ahead of big fight
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back
- 17:03 What is Ed Balls Day? Everything you need to know about the sixth...
- 16:58 Juan Mata could play again this season for Manchester United
- 16:58 Sunderland AFC record £33million loss
- 16:58 Green campaigner Andrew Cooper set to stand in general election
- 16:57 These are the holiday destinations most likely to cause a break-up
- 16:57 Why you should make sure you ALWAYS take this item on a plane with you
- 16:57 Why the Royal Family will NEVER use these certain words
- 16:57 Elderly man found dead in public toilet
- 16:57 Chick this out!
- 16:57 Police appeal for witnesses to Hartlepool collision
- 16:57 Warwick Boat Club edge out Stratford in thrilling final
- 16:56 Tyson Fury posts emotional letter to his fans and family as he...
- 16:55 Revealed: These are the best loved brands in Britain
- 16:55 Michelle Obama: 'I won't run for office' for my children