Leith artist turns rubbish into portraits of politicians
An artist is turning rubbish he finds on the streets of Edinburgh into portraits of politicians such as Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, David Cameron and Tony Blair – which are then brought to life with the help of new technology.
Discarded Irn-Bru bottles, takeaway boxes and cigarette butts have been deployed by Trevor Jones to create new portraits for a forthcoming exhibition, which combines traditional oil paintings with “augmented reality”.
Visitors to the Leith-based artist’s show, Would I Lie To You?, will be able to download short films which he hopes will highlight how political... read more
- 10:15 Commissioner overseeing Northants County Council: “We have a lot of...
- 10:13 James Bond return: Daniel Craig CONFIRMED to reprise 007 role for a...
- 10:13 Emmerdale's Michael Parr denies he's quit the soap over acid attack...
- 10:12 'We can't wait to bring Joseph to Lowther stage'
- 10:11 Photographer transforms older women into stunning pinup models
- 10:11 Emergency services carry out mock rescue in Clitheroe
- 10:11 Figures reveal a high rate of heart failure in Northumberland
- 10:11 Funding aids vital restoration work to Cheviot summit
- 10:11 Car crash victim praises air ambulance
- 10:10 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 10:10 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Smashed avocado comes exactly as described at Sainsbury’s
- 10:08 Burglars caused £4,000 damage to Penwortham store
- 10:07 Meet the face behind the Northampton sports group who is helping...
- 10:04 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 10:04 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:04 LIVE: Lancashire v Warwickshire - Updates from Blackpool Cricket Club
- 10:03 Spa Striders placed well
- 10:01 Wigan dad-of-three's Inquest opens
- 10:00 Premier League transfer news: Anthony Martial, Mauro Icardi, Nabil...
- 09:58 What does ‘repeal the 8th’ mean? The Irish abortion...
- 09:58 Rail staff abused by passengers angry at timetable changes
- 09:58 Britain ‘must invest or become reliant on nuclear weapons’ in time...
- 09:58 Travel advice for Liverpool fans travelling to Kiev for the...
- 09:57 Premier League home records: Which clubs have been hardest to beat...
- 09:56 In the maxed-out NHS, pharmacists are just what the doctor ordered
- 09:56 Youngsters put through their paces to be part of Northamptonshire...
- 09:56 Rushden family hopeful ahead of meeting to discuss crucial funding...
- 09:56 Funeral of Doncaster charity stalwart Jeanette Fish to take place...