Leipzig director Rangnick confirms talks over England job but not since Allardyce's exit
Rangnick, 58, who coached Leipzig to their first promotion to the Bundesliga last season before moving into his new role, has emerged as one of the favourites to succeed Allardyce, whose contract was terminated by mutual consent on Tuesday.
There had been speculation he had already been approached by the FA, but Rangnick said he had not had any contact since July.
“The fact is, a few days after the Euro 2016 final, I got a call,” he said.
“Since then, there has not been any more contact. To say that such a job would never come into question would certainly not be right.”
Gareth Southate is... read more
- 11:35 Overnight road closure planned
- 11:35 Barrow community enjoys vintage afternoon tea event
- 11:34 Generous man says thank you to Northampton people for hundreds of...
- 11:34 Trading standards warn over illegally-imported puppies
- 11:34 Stabbing in Webster Street, Derby - our full report from the scene
- 11:34 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:34 Dramatic scenes as bungling car thieves crashed vehicle catches...
- 11:32 Film reviews: Hero or villain?
- 11:32 Bridge academies are falling down
- 11:32 The West’s policies towards Islamic countries backfire spectacularly
- 11:33 Christmas hair video tutorial: Here’s how to create a Christmas...
- 11:32 The elephant in the room
- 11:32 Hypocrisy over Saudi Arabia
- 11:32 World in brief: Friday December 9 2016
- 11:32 South Korea’s President Park faces impeachment charge
- 11:32 Assad: Winning Aleppo siege is a landmark moment
- 11:33 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:32 Southern strike is back on track
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery
- 11:32 Police to contact MP Michelle Thomson over rape ordeal at 14
- 11:31 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:31 Coming together to share happy memories at Harrogate’s Light up a...
- 11:31 Louth man, 63, admits stealing cash from Jacksons Butchers
- 11:30 Greg Cunningham: exclusive PNE column