Leigh Griffiths sent a text at 7am to apologise for Firhill flare-up, reveals Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers has revealed how an apologetic early morning text message from Leigh Griffiths drew a line under their Firhill flare-up.
Irked at being substituted late on in Celtic's 5-0 win against Partick Thistle on Thursday, the striker made his feelings clear to his manager before and after taking a place on the bench.
Rodgers took the measure to protect his only fit out-and-out centre forward in advance of next Saturday's Scottish Cup Final and was visibly annoyed at Griffiths' petulance at the time.
But the Celtic manager, who planted a kiss on the errant hitman's cheek at the final... read more
- 12:45 BREAKING: Ulverston Beehive hub approved
- 12:44 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:44 Tristan Thompson grateful ‘there’s someone else people can be angry...
- 12:44 Jodie Marsh’s ex James Placido remarries months after bitter divorce
- 12:43 Deutsche Bank plans 'significant' job cuts
- 12:43 'You can’t just keep saying sorry': readers on Amber Rudd and Windrush
- 12:42 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:42 Man jailed in connection with Underley Hall abuse
- 12:41 Big event in support of Alfie Evans and his family to be held at...
- 12:41 Cheers! It's a Beautiful World for award-winning Leicester pub boss...
- 12:41 Funding bids worth £1.1m are prepared
- 12:40 Lionel Messi wins EU court battle to trademark his own name after...
- 12:40 Sheffield murder victim's funeral to be held next week
- 12:39 Four Seasons app review: a concierge in your pocket
- 12:39 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:39 Facebook accused of bullying by MPs
- 12:37 Thames Valley Police Constable who feigned injury quits
- 12:37 Derbyshire police appoint new Assistant Chief Constable
- 12:37 Two taken to hospital after car flipped over near Old Red Lion in...
- 12:37 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:37 Motorcyclist suffered head and leg injuries in city-centre smash
- 12:36 Observatory marks milestone with the launch of a new facility
- 12:35 Police want to trace this man in connection with meat thefts
- 12:35 How will the Spireites’ relegation from the Football affect...
- 12:35 Coronation Street spoilers: Alison King and Kym Marsh film mystery...
- 12:34 Dogs are taking over the anti-Brexit campaign with Wooferendum posters
- 12:33 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April