Leicestershire food companies hit by drop in value of pound
Food companies are taking a big hit from the drop in the value of the pound.
Smaller county importers are having to think hard about staff numbers and how to make efficiencies since the drop in sterling that followed the June 23 EU referendum.
Since the referendum the pound has dropped from around $1.48 to $1.22 and from 1.30 euros to 1.11 euros.
Many bosses say there appears to be no light at the end of the tunnel – expecting the exchange rate to get worse, in the build up to and during Brexit negotiations.
Read more: House of Commons getting taste of Leicestershire food and drink
County... read more
- 15:08 Baby girl dies in hot car after dad ‘forgets about her’
- 15:07 Badgers could be culled in Cumbria in fight to halt a deadly disease
- 15:05 Champions League final: Varane already eyeing 2019 title and...
- 15:05 Arsenal Transfer News: Bernd Leno's agent Uli Ferber issues update...
- 15:05 Trump cancels North Korea nuclear summit
- 15:05 TV Choice: Five of the best shows this week
- 15:05 Boys who plotted UK school shooting guilty of murder conspiracy
- 15:05 TV Choice: Streaming and downloading
- 15:04 These four Scottish pubs have been named among the best in the UK
- 15:04 Deal struck to gain Devil’s Toenail
- 15:03 Pornhub launches free VPN to let you browse vile darkside filth in...
- 15:03 Deal struck to gain Devil’s Toenail
- 15:01 Missing man last seen in Mansfield
- 14:59 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:59 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 15:00 Pupils have buried a time capsule in the grounds of Gainsborough’s...
- 14:59 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:59 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:59 Arsenal news: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang delivers verdict on Unai Emery
- 14:58 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:58 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:57 'It can’t be true': Parma return to Serie A after three straight...
- 14:57 Trump pulls out of North Korea summit
- 14:56 Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear